15: Homecoming

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PAST

You raised a fist to Alhaitham's door, knocking on it several times. It swung open, revealing Alhaitham's mom.

"Ah Y/N! Come in," she smiles as she gestures for you to come inside. Her deep green eyes notice the backpack you brought with you with what she assumes are your essentials for the night. You two walk side by side until you're both in the middle of the living room.

"Thanks for having me," you say.

"Anytime," she pauses. "I'm going to be completely honest, I'm surprised you're not going to prom." You shrug.

"I don't see any reason to. Sure, people can argue it's a fun time with friends, but our group always has fun when we're with each other. That and I don't want to spend a fortune on a dress I'll only wear once." Alhaitham's mom laughs.

"It's understandable."

The sound of footsteps on the stairs was heard. You turned your attention to the direction of the sound to see your gray-haired friend in a lose fitting black t-shirt and navy blue sweatpants.

"Hey," you greet.

"Thanks for coming," he replies. "Come on, we're going to my room." You nod and follow him up the stairs.

"Be sure to keep the door open," Alhaitham's mom says nonchalantly. As he climbs the stairs, Alhaitham looks back at his mom with widened eyes. She only gives him an innocent smile.

Once the two of you were in Alhaitham's room, you smile at its familiar layout. The first thing that could be seen was his bed. Next to it was a nightstand. A large TV was mounted on the wall opposite his bed. In the corner of the room was a large bookshelf, novels practically spilling out of it. A desk was parked next to the bookcase.

Alhaitham offers to take your backpack, which you gladly hand to him. He put it down on his desk before gesturing for you to sit on his bed with him.

"So," you say. "What are we doing?"

"Disney marathon," he suggests. "I know how much you love those movies."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course," the male nods. "Plus, I have a reason to watch the ones I haven't seen yet."

"Okay," you smile. He climbs into his bed and made room for you. You follow his actions, sitting cross-legged next to him.

"Any movie in particular?"

"Tangled!" you exclaim. "It's a classic." The boy nods. Wordlessly, he put on the movie you want, letting a comfortable silence wash over him.

During the movie, Alhaitham let himself steal a few glances at you. Your wide eyes were glued to the TV the entire time. A dorky grin overtook your features as the movie progressed. A content sigh left the boy's lips as he tried to bring his attention back to the movie, but he failed. He once again found his gaze drifting to you, who happened to be mouthing the lyrics to a song the characters were singing.

'Maybe I'll learn this song on the piano. Then, I can play it for her.'

Before he knew it, the movie came to its end, credits rolled on the darkened screen. You excitedly bounced in your bed.

"Can we watch Aladdin next?" you ask, eliciting a chuckle from Alhaitham.

"Sure." He put on the movie while you hum a song. He assumes it was from the movie you two just finished watching.