chapter four

(y/n)'s pov

i'm at the noodle shop waiting for kai to arrive, i was wondering if he had forgotten all about the meet up.

i tap the glass of water in front of me with my fingers and i look around and see if I see kai.

i'll wait a few more minutes, and if he isn't here, I'm going to leave.

it's been a couple of minutes and i see kai walk through the door, jeez finally. i wave at him as he's looking around like a lost puppy.

he notices me and a smile appears on his face and he walks over to me.

he takes a seat in front of me, "sorry it took me so long, i had a tournament, i forgot to tell." he scratches the back of his head and laughs a little.

"i was getting worried you wouldn't show," I chuckle a bit, "i was about to leave."

"yeah, my bad, im here now though." he says and i push over a glass of water.

"yeah, so what have you and the team been up to? any new bad guys?" i ask with a slight smile on my face, but he wasn't smiling.

"(y/n).." he pauses for a moment and my smile disappears, "the team disbanded two years after you left."

my face turns almost empty, "what? why?" i quickly ask, blank faced.

"well everybody was in a lot of pain, lloyd couldn't even get out of bed. i got into a lot of street fights, cole was overeating, jay and nya have been pretty good, and zane missed you, but he's okay now." kai explains trying to make the best of it.

"well how's lloyd now?" i ask and kai sighs.

"truth is (y/n), lloyd tried to get rid of the masked man and sent himself to the cursed realm." kai explains slowly, hoping i would take it well.

"why would he do that? why didn't it work?" i question, i had many more but i just couldn't ask because i could go on.

"look, it hasn't been easy. if we could have stooped lloyd, we-"

"i loved him and now he's gone because of me." i begin to blame myself, but i wouldn't let myself cry. that's one thing i did stick to.

"if you truly loved him, you wouldn't have left or lied to him." kai says crossing his arms, leaning back on his chair.

"how can you say that?" i ask crossing my arms and he scoffs.

"don't be stupid (y/n), you created a whole new life without us, you put us in the past and made us hurt, you could have left and at least said goodbye, but you didn't think of any of us, (y/n), you didn't even think of me.." kai says quickly, except for the last part.

"i did, all the time!" i slightly shout.

"then why'd it take you almost five years to come back!?" kai stands up and slams his fists against the table causing everyone to look over. he looks around and rubs his face, he grabs out his wallet and places some cash on the table. "see you around." his voice was saddened as he walks out of the noddle place.

i sat there for a moment trying to process everything that was said, but it made me realize he wasn't mad i left lloyd, he was upset that i left him. i quickly get up and run after him.

"kai wait!" i shout as i watched him stop his tracks. his hands were in his pockets and he didn't turn to look at me. "you aren't upset i left lloyd  or the others, you were upset i left you." i hear him scoff.

"of course (y/n), it was never about lloyd. it was about me." he turns to look at me, "that sounds selfish, but you left me."

i walk over to kai and take my phone out and put it in front of him, "put your number in, i'll stick around."

he types his number in and hand the phone back to me, i open up the camera and take a picture of the two of us and set it as his profile picture.

"if you left once, who's to say you won't do it again, right?"