chapter seven

(y/n)'s pov

it's been two days, i haven't left the hotel room. rehan was usually out, i haven't texted or called anybody. i felt empty for once in my life, hearing kai say everything he said really hit close to home.

i knew all that he said was right, but is it really all my fault? did master wu really never tell them? wha-

my thought process gets interrupted by a buzz on my phone. i see a message from nya saying the city is under attack, who's under it? there's always attack across the city, but why did she feel the need to tell me? is this some sort of prank? i decided to go anyways though.
______

i get to the monastery, and nya throws the ladder down from the bounty. i quickly get up there and just look at her.

"follow me, i'll explain!" nya shouts running into the tech room with all the computers, as well as the others.

"what's she doing here ?" kai asks crossing his arms, with a look of anger covered all over his face.

"she can help us kai," nya says, "i'm getting the same signal we would get when we were fighting off the masked man."

"oh no," i say, one hand over my mouth.

"what is it?" zane asks walking up towards me, zane was the only one who there wasn't any tension really.  

"this person we are about to face," i pause for a moment as they all stare at me, "is trying to open the cursed realm, their trying to get the masked man back. we have to stop it." i finish what i was saying and a couple of them nod.

"guys!" zane shouts, "i have eyes on this mysterious person!" we all run over to the big tv as we see zane zoom in to someone.

"c'mon, we have to stop him." kai says firmly, and they fly over to where the mysterious person is. "ya know maybe you should sit out of this one." kai looks back at me.

"no thanks!" i shout before jumping off the bounty into a perfect swift landing. i see the others jump after me and land flawlessly too.

"doesn't this mean we can get lloyd back?!" jay shouts excitedly.

"maybe, jay." i pause for a moment and look down, "but we don't really want the cursed realm to open, chances of the masked man slipping out if it opens is a 97% rate."

we all stop, and stay in silence for a little bit, mourning our loss, the other go on, but i stop kai in his tracks.

"hey kai," i stop and look him and the eyes. he furrows a brow looking back at me, "if the masked man does get out, and lloyd gets out too, but the masked man takes me. promise me you'll look out for them?" i smile lightly and his facial expressions expression is a bit shocked.

"okay, i promise." kai nods, "but i'm not letting that happen, i-" he pauses for a second, "i mean we just got you back.." he scratches the back for his head.

i nod and we both begin running to catch up with the others, it's only a matter of time before he opens that portal.

"you guys hide, come on my signal. im going after this guy." they nod and i quietly walk up to this mysterious guy. when he sees me he tilts his head.

"well well well, this has got to be a surprise." the mysterious guy chuckles a little bit taking off his helmet, under the helmet, i could've never guessed.

i couldn't believe what i saw, but why? how? and what ?

he looks me dead in the eye, the familiar face, i stood there in shock.

"surprise,  (o/n) or should i say, (y/n) ?" he chuckles, "you know i really did want to be with you, but looks like we're enemies now."

"i will never be with you after this." my eyes squint with anger, my anger keeps building up. i was so focused on him, that i didn't realize he was already opening the cursed realm.

i look up to see a wide portal with purple clouds, i look up and signal for the other to go on him.

i'm getting lloyd.