8| Mal's First Date

"Mal! What the hell! Let go of me! I was about to win!" y/n yelled as Mal dragged her away from Carlos and the video game they had just been playing in his dorm.

Carlos watched them with wide eyes as Mal dragged y/n out of his and Jay's dorm, down the hall and away from him.

"Mal!" y/n yelled again as she looked back at Carlos who didn't know what to do.

"We need to find Evie. It's an emergency and I need help," she simply stated.

"What's the emergency?" y/n asked.

Mal didn't say anything as she dragged y/n along.

"You know, you could have found Evie first and then come to fetch me on the way to wherever were going to go after I beat Carlos," y/n grumbled as they came to a halt next to a bench where Evie and Doug were seated on the grounds of Auradon Prep.

"There you are! We have been looking for you literally everywhere!" Mal exclaimed with the exact same excuse she used when she barged into Carlos's room.

"What's wrong?" Evie asked.

"How come you aren't grabbing her, bruising her arm and ripping her away from whatever she was doing?" y/n asked while rubbing her arm as Mal rolled her eyes.

"Ben just asked me out on a... date," Mal huffed.

Y/n and Evie shared a look as y/n's jaw dropped and Evie's smile grew.

"We can handle this," Evie stated with a grin.

"Bye," she said to Doug before grabbing y/n's arm and dragging her towards the dorms.

"Oh my gosh! What's with the arm grabbing?" y/n winced as she interrupted Evie gushing over what makeup she was going to use on Mal.

"You get distracted easily and then you run off," Evie said as Mal laughed.

"Don't deny it, you know it's true," Mal laughed as y/n huffed and crossed her arms.

~~~

"Ok! Easy on the blush, I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could," Mal laughed as Evie applied blush to her cheeks.

The girls were in their shared dorm as Evie did Mal's makeup and y/n did her hair. Mal was already wearing the outfit that the two had picked out for her date.

"Please, my mom taught me how to apply blush before I could even talk. Always use upward strokes," Evie said as she finished off with the blush.

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips, and I never had a sister," Mal explained as Evie lightly dabbed some lipstick onto Mal's lips with her finger.

"Well, now you have two, we're gonna have to stick together if we don't pull this off. My dad doesn't like it when things don't go his way," y/n said as she fluffed up Mal's hair slightly.

"Are you afraid of them?" Mal then asked.

"Sometimes," Evie replied as y/n became suddenly quiet while she made little braids in Mal's hair to distract herself from the question.

"Are you scared of your mom?" Evie asked Mal.

"I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her, and she, yeah, she's my mom so I know she loves me. In her own way," Mal explained.

"Moving on, come see," Evie said after a moment of silence as she pulled Mal up to look at herself in the mirror.

Y/n moved onto the other side of the bed so that she could see Mal's reaction. When she saw herself in the mirror she laughed in surprise.