8| First Kisses

"That was a really good idea, to check Audrey's room," Mal said to Uma as she and Celia ate some of the cake y/n had baked for Jane's birthday.

"Now we know that we're on the right track," she continued.

"Is there an insult in there that I missed?" Uma asked with a mouth full if cake.

"Just... I wanted to thank you," Mal stated.

"I don't know who's birthday it is, but I want this cake," Uma hummed as she took another bite out of her slice of cake.

Mal was now seated across from her at the table with her own slice of cake.

"Well, I'm sure y/n can make you another one when we've defeated Audrey," Mal smiled as she looked over Uma's shoulder at y/n who was sat on the kitchen counter.

"You made this?" Uma asked as she looked over her own shoulder at the girl.

"Yeah," she smiled weakly.

"It's amazing," Uma hummed, her voice slightly muffled by the cake that was in her mouth.

"So, I maybe kind of missed the boat a little bit on calling you Shrimpy and not letting you join the gang," Mal then said to Uma.

"Yeah. We really could have torn up the Isle together," Uma said as y/n climbed off the the counter and made her way towards them.

She then leaned over Mal's shoulder and swiped a bit of icing onto her finger before licking it off, causing the other two girls to laugh.

There was then suddenly a loud bang as a plank of wood slammed itself across the glass door next to the table where they were seated. The three girls jumped in shock before another one appeared and slammed onto the door just below the first plank.

All of the windows and doors were then suddenly boarded up with planks of wood.

"Celia!" y/n called out as more and more planks of wood appeared.

"We're trapped!" she yelled before she ran into the kitchen and towards Mal, Uma and y/n.

Uma wrapped her arm protectively around Celia before pulling the girl closer into her side. It soon became very dark as any opening to the outside of the cottage was boarded up.

"Are you guys ok? What's going on?" Evie asked as she and Doug ran into the room and towards the rest of their friends.

"You've caused my friends pain and fear. We've had enough, now dissappear!" Mal chanted as she threw her arms out towards the doors, her eyes glowing bright green.

"You guys, I'm sorry. My spells aren't working. Audrey's magic is getting stronger," Mal exclaimed when nothing changed.

Uma's shell necklace then began to glow brightly. Uma and y/n shared a look before Uma grabbed Mal's arm to show her the necklace.

"You've caused our friends pain and fear. We've had enough, now disappear!" the two of them chanted together.

The boards covering the windows and then doors then fell away allowing the light from outside to pour in.

"You did it! Together," y/n laughed.

"This is what I've been talking about," Evie smiled.

"I guess my shell likes you," Uma said to Mal making her laugh as well.

"Why don't you hold onto that?" Uma then said as she passed Hades' ember to Mal.

Celia then ran towards the glass doors and looked outside. She turned towards back the group with a smile.