3| Running Into Trouble

"If you guys hadn't brought him here this never would have happened. What were you thinking?" Mal exclaimed as she paced around the old hideout, her friends having just told her about Ben and Uma.

"He was gonna come with or without us. We just wanted to protect him," Evie explained.

"Yeah, and we totally blew it," Carlos stated.

"Ok!" y/n exclaimed, placing a hand on Carlos's chest as she tried to diffuse the tension.

He then immediately relaxed as he placed his hand on top of hers.

"Ok, so what are we gonna do?" Jay added.

"'We' are not doing anything. This is between Uma and me, and she's a punk and guess what? Now I have to go get him," Mal stated.

"Woah, woah, woah, Mal," Carlos started.

"You would still have to go through Hook and his wharf rats," y/n added.

"Uma said to come alone," she stated simply.

"Mal, come on," Evie pleaded.

"She said to come alone," Carlos sighed.

"Well, I know one thing. I'm not going anywhere," he then said after a few moments as he sat down.

"Neither are you," he added as he pulled y/n down to sit next to him.

"Weren't you the one who brought up how she won't be able to get through Hook's rats?" y/n asked Carlos as he shrugged.

"We'll be here when you get back," Jay said to Mal before she left and made her way towards Uma's Chip Shoppe.

~~~

"Ok, this is ridiculous. She's been gone for way too long. I'm going to go check on her," y/n said as she stood up and made her way towards the doors.

"No, no, no, wait. Where are you going?" Carlos said as he ran after her.

"To go check on Mal at the Chip Shoppe? I just said that," she said as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

"Not alone," he then stated.

"Yes, alone. Unlike you I can actually hide and get around without being noticed," y/n laughed.

"But what if-" Carlos started.

"Carlos. She'll be fine," Jay laughed at the two.

"Ok," Carlos sighed after a moment of silence.

"Just... be safe, ok? Don't get yourself into trouble," he whispered nervously.

"I'll be fine," she smiled up at him as she repeated Jay's words.

"Ok. You better be back though," he added sternly.

"Yeah, yeah," she laughed before making her way out and towards the Chip Shoppe in search of Mal.

~~~

As y/n was walking around the Isle towards the Chip Shoppe she had pulled her hood up in an attempt to keep her face hidden.

Before she could get to the Chip Shoppe she visited some of the local stores in the Market that had helped her over the years. As she was leaving the last stall she crashed into a large man.

"Watch it!" the man yelled at her.

"Maybe don't stand right on top of me next time! Then I wouldn't have bumped into you, jackass!" she yelled back.

He stepped back, surprised by her outburst before he gritted his teeth and glared down at her.

"Why, you little-" he started as he grabbed her by the shirt.