7| Happy Endings?

"Looking back at yesterday
I thought I gave it everything,
But still there's so much road ahead of me," Ben sang as he looked down at his friends from his spot next to Mal at the top of the stairs.

"When I looked into your eyes
I guess I didn't recognize
Who we are and all that we can be," Mal sang as she smiled at y/n and then at Evie.

"Sometimes it's hard to find yourself
But it's worth it in the end
'Cause in your heart is where it all begins," Ben and Mal sang together, their group of friends bowed down for them before breaking into dance.

"We gotta be bold
We gotta be brave
We gotta be free," they sang as Mal kicked water at y/n, y/n laughed and kicked water back at her before almost slipping and falling backwards, the two of them breaking down with laughter afterwards.

"We gotta get loud
Making that change
You gotta believe (whoa)," they continued as Ben did his special handshake with Carlos.

"We'll look deep inside
And we'll rise up and shine.
We can be bold
We can be brave
Let everyone see
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)
It starts with you and me," they sang as everybody danced.

"There's something special that I've learned,
It's together we can change the world," Carlos and Evie sang as they wrapped their arms around either side of y/n.

"Everybody's got something they can bring," y/n sang as they looked out across the ocean and towards the Isle.

"When you take a look inside yourself
Do you wish that you were something else?
But who you are is who you need to be," Mal and Jay sang as they joined the three at the railing of the boat.

"Sometimes it's hard to find yourself
But it's worth it in the end
'Cause in your heart is where it all begins," the three girls sang as they made their way back towards the centre of the boat.

They all then held hands as they stood in a circle, stomping as they splashed the water still in the boat around.

"We gotta be bold
We gotta be brave
We gotta be free
We gotta get loud
Making that change
You gotta believe (whoa)," they all sang as they danced and splashed each other with the water.

"We'll look deep inside
And we'll rise up and shine
We can be bold
We can be brave
Let everyone see
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)
It starts with you and me"

"We all can do a part
We know that it can be the start," Mal and Evie sang as they sang together.

"To bring about the difference that we need (yeah)," y/n sang with a smile as she stood in the middle of the crowd.

"I promise we can work this out
I promise we can see it through," Ben joined in as everybody stood with Mal and Evie now.

"Don't you know it's up to me
It's up to me and you," y/n and Carlos sang with huge grins before intertwining their fingers and running into the water, everyone else following after.

"We gotta be bold
We gotta be brave
We gotta be free," they sang as Carlos and y/n danced and splashed each other with water in the centre of the circle.

"We gotta get loud
Making that change
You gotta believe (whoa)"

Carlos did a flip before landing on one knee with his hand out for y/n. She then took his hand as he twirled her before he spun around, hooked her arms over his shoulders and dragged her off to the side on his back. Y/n laughed as she hung over Carlos's shoulders before he placed her down next to him again with a wide smile.

"We'll look deep inside
And we'll rise up and shine," they sang as Jay and Lonnie took their turn to dance in the middle.

"We can be bold
We can be brave
Let everyone see
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)," Evie and Doug took the stage.

"It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)," Ben and Mal were then in the middle as everyone collectively splashed the two of them.

"It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)," they sang as everyone danced.

"It starts with you and me," they ended off as the crowd all bowed down to Ben and Mal who stood at the top of the stairs once again.

The couple then waved as everyone began to cheer.

Carlos wrapped his arms around y/n's waist as they all began to dance again. He picked her up and began to spin her around before placing her back down and resting his forehead against hers. She then smiled up at him before quickly stepping back and splashing him with water. She giggled as he splashed her back, the two of them then going back to dancing with their friends.

Evie then grabbed y/n by the arm and pulled her along as herself, Lonnie and Jane danced together.

~~~

A group of Auradonian royal guards made their way into 'Curl up and Dye'. Dizzy Tremaine looked up from her sweeping when she noticed the men. The man in the middle then smiled as he handed the young girl a scroll.

"'His Royal Majesty, King Ben of Auradon, and his Councilors, Ms Evie of the Isle, hereby request the welcome of your company, Dizzy Tremaine, for the current academic year at Auradon Prep. Please inform his Majesty's couriers of your response to this request.' 'We'd love you to join us at Auradon Prep. Will you come?' signed King Ben," Dizzy read in shock before she let out an excited scream.

She then stepped forward and hugged the Royal Gaurd who had given her the scroll, letting out another scream in the process.

"Zip it up!" they heard Dizzy's grandmother, Lady Tremaine, order from upstairs.

"Yay!" Dizzy twirled around as the guards saw themselves out.

~~~

"Aaron! Some Auradonian guards are here to see you! What'd you do this time?" aaron heard his mother, Agatha Harkness, call from downstairs.

Aaron frowned slightly to himself before making his way downstairs and into the living room where three royal guards stood with his mother.

The guard that stood in the middle of the three then smiled warmly at the boy before he handed him a golden scroll similar to the one he had given to Dizzy Tremaine.

"Am I being arrested?" Aaron asked nervously before he opened the scroll carefully.

"'His Royal Majesty, King Ben of Auradon, and his Councilors, Ms y/n of the Isle, hereby request the welcome of your company, Aaron Harkness, for the current academic year at Auradon Prep. Please inform his Majesty's couriers of your response to this request.' 'We'd love you to join us at Auradon Prep. Will you come?' signed King Ben..." Aaron read, his eyes growing wider as he read.

He then slowly lifted his gaze up from the scroll before turning towards his mother, who wore the same shocked expression. Her face then suddenly broke out into a smile which surprised her son. He then turned towards the guards.

"Holy shit..." he breathed out.

"Aaron! Language!" Agatha told him off.

"Thank you," he breathed out again with a small smile as he looked up at the royal guards.

The guards then smiled down at him before they saw themselves out. Aaron then turned towards his mother who grinned proudly at him.

"I'm going to Auradon..." he practically whispered.

"You're going to Auradon!" she repeated with a grin.

~~~

Uma the reemerged from under the water near the Isle of the Lost.

"What? You didn't think this was the end of the story? Did you?" she cackled before she disappeared back into the dark waters.