03

Perspective.

Nia no longer thought of Pari as "the bitch." Pari had not just helped her, she protected her and called her sister. Nia wanted to be cordial with Pari after the incident. Pari was not as keen in the beginning but Nia can see that she is gradually opening up to them. She regularly eats dinner with them and talks more than she used to.

There was a routine in the household. Nia would cook breakfast, aunty would cook lunch and at times dinner and Pari would chop all the vegetables needed. Aunty was hesitant at first to give Pari any household chore but on Pari's insistence, she allowed Pari to help them in chopping vegetables, doing laundry and folding clothes.

Nia was a fashion student who was always occupied with her assignments. And her leisure time was spent watching movies at late night and listening to music channels on TV. When Mrs.Sharma questioned her about her late night movie watching habit, she would always cover it up saying she watches those movies to study fashion in films. Nia and Mrs. Sharma's banter, Mrs. Sharma's care towards Pari and so many things in this place had almost made Pari feel at home.

Few days back, Pari started helping Nia with her projects. She saw Nia struggling while sewing and offered help, since then Pari regularly helps Nia for an hour or two with her work. There are still times when Nia taunts Pari to get a recation out of her but Pari just glares at her and ignores.

Nia stepped into Pari's room to see how much project work was done. It was new for Nia to step into Pari's room. It felt like she was entering into a private sanctuary. But the weird part was her suitcases were still out.

"Are you so lazy that you didn't put your suitcase inside?" Nia could hardly talk to Pari in a straight sentence and she knows even Pari enjoys this kind of talk.

Pari had arranged her clothes in the cupboard but some of her important things were still in this suitcase - mostly the expensive things that she had stolen. But now that she thinks of it, she could actually put it in her cupboard and arrange it. She has started feeling safer here.

"Why don't you make yourself useful and help me arrange it?" Pari had a sarcastic smile on her face. Even Pari couldn't answer Nia in a good way.

"Okay!" Nia shrugged. She didn't mind helping Pari with her stuff, after all Pari was helping her with her project.
Pari told her she was just kidding and Nia doesn't need to help her with arranging these. But Nia insisted and Pari gave in.

An hour later, Pari opened her suitcase which were filled with boxes of different sizes and colours. Nia observed it all and especially how carefully Pari was with the boxes. To help Pari with so many boxes, Nia did exactly what she was instructed and arranged it in Pari's cupboard. Just when Pari got up and went outside towards the washroom, curiosity got the best of Nia and she opened one of the small boxes to check if what she thought was indeed true and it was! She was right, they were all jewellery boxes. But what shocked her was the design of the ring. It was a beautiful diamond ring but this design was an Amari exclusive from their archival 2002 collection. How did Pari possess this ring?

Being a fashion student and deeply interested in premium brands, Nia knew opulence and limited editions when she sees one. She checked a few other boxes and found expensive and popular jewellery designs. She was shocked to see two Rolex 18K gold in Pari's collection. Nia heard the door open and quickly shut the boxed and arranged it like before.

Pari thanked her for helping with her stuff as Nia retired to her room thinking of the stuff she saw in the room. She went to Mrs.Sharma in the evening and confided in her.

"Nia!" Mrs.Sharma glared at her, "It is wrong to peek at others belonging. She trusted you with her stuff and you checked it. I am so disappointed with you." Nia was shocked at her reaction.