11

Nia came back from college and found it strange that aunty was not stuck to her TV show, infact she was nowhere to be seen, nor was Pari. It was extremely rare for aunty to be not at home at this hour. Usually, she would be busy watching her serials and would sacrifice anything but not her television time.

Nia knocked at Pari's room twice and entered the room. She asked her about aunty but turns out, Pari didn't know where aunty was either.

"Anyway, see what I got you!" Nia's eyes glimmed with excitement as she pulled out the present for Pari from her bag.

"Ta-da!" Nia revealed.

"A slambook?" Pari eyebrows knitted in confusion. Was this Nia's gift?

"Not just any slambook, silly. A pregnancy slambook!" Nia replied and pulled out a pen from her bag and sat near Pari, who had no idea what a pregnancy slambook is.

"This slambook will  be a reminder of your pregnancy and also how you want the baby to be. Isn't it cool that few years later, this baby and you can read the book together and you will tell the baby about your pregnancy time. Take this as a small gift from me." Pari appreciated the gesture and took it from her.

Maybe, it was a good idea to fill the slam book. Her mind was already disturbed due to the chaos that had happened. This was a good idea to divert her mind. She lifted the fancy gel pen and started filling the book.

Half an hour later, Nia came to her room to check on her and of course like the intruder she was, she wanted to read Pari's answers, which Pari allowed.

The pink slam book's first page was an introduction to the parents, with a space to stick the parents picture.

Mommy name : Pari.
Mommy's age : 32

Nia's jaw dropped. "You are 32?! Are you kidding me?" Pari had to sign her to talk quietly since her loud voice hurt her ears.

"But are you really that old?" Nia asked and she received a hit from Pari saying 32 isn't old at all.

Nia always thought Pari might be three or four years elder to her but there was a nine year gap between them. Absorbing the shock, she read further.

Daddy name :

Daddy's age : 33

'If she could write the age, she might as well write the name,' Nia said to herself.

Three traits from Mommy :
1. Honest
2. Hardworking
3. Good handwriting.

They both chuckled at the last point she wrote. But Pari said it was true! When she worked at the hotel, all her colleagues came to Pari to write notes for the guests. She was really proud of her good handwriting.

Three traits from Daddy :
1. Generous.
2. Hard working.
3. Intelligent.

"Oh! Daddy's traits seems to be impressive." Nia teased Pari a bit. She was not expecting Pari to write anything about the dad of the baby.

"Tell me more at least! Pleeaaseee" Nia insisted a lot, with pleading eyes. She felt like she hardly knew anything about Pari. Although, Nia wanted to respect her privacy but considering how good their friendship was turning out to be, she wanted to know more about her. Nia was always like an open book for her friends. She always talked her mind and wanted the people who she considers as her friends do the same. Pari was her only friend who Nia had very little clue about...and now if she remembers, she doesn't even know her last name, or has she ever mentioned and Nia forgot?

"He is... generous...yeah, that is one good thing about him that I would like the baby to inherit. He cared less about the bank balance, unlike me." While Salem had his flaws, she wasn't blind to his good qualities, which the world appreciated. Everyday, she prayed that the baby has good genes and not the evil traits from its devil of a father. She had seen how he donated lakhs of money to charity or to the ones in need without hesitating. She hated him enough to call it as show off but over the years, she realised that he had no selfish agenda while helping others with money. Alas, it was all genuine.