24

The next day, Oliver confronted her with Salem by his side. She thought Salem really complained about her calling him a 'whore' but it was really just about the seat.

"I had told you in the beginning that Salem can have any seat he wants. Then why were you arguing with him?"

"Because the seat was booked. What would I say to the customer who booked it?" Pari replied back without any hesitation.

"Say anything! But listen, next time give Salem whichever seat he wants. And anyway be careful, these days there are lots of complaints about you." Oliver warned her.

"That was not my mistake. You know it very well." But Oliver didn't reply and walked away with Salem.

"What was that? What complaints?" Salem asked once it was just him and Oliver.

"Ahh!" Oliver threw his hand in the air, expressing nothing much. "That night, some drunk guy tried to hit on her, so she threatened him with a butter knife. And that guy was drunk enough to think she'd actually hurt him. But yes, that would ruin my restaurant's name. She was kept because she is pretty. She could have handled it well." Oliver laughed at the end of it.

He was fond of Pari as she was really good at her work. But these days her attitude with the customers bothered him. It is not like the guy was a serious threat! He was just drunk. But no, Pari had to threaten him with a knife.

Salem was not amused listening to him.
"Oliver, let Pari go home after 7 pm. Actually, 6.30 pm. It's not safe."
Oliver looked at Salem with raised eyebrows and shock!

"And since when do you care?" Oliver had a suspicious look.

"Oliver." Salem said it in a warning tone.

"Okay, I understand. But seriously? You are interested in her?" Oliver didn't believe it. She was....so not Salem's usual type.

Salem was not the one to deny his feelings but he didn't confirm either. His silence gave Oliver his answer.

"Be careful. She threatens people who are interested in her with knives." Oliver laughed at his own joke.

*

That week, Pari saw various people coming and meeting Oliver in the cafe. She got to know from other workers that these people were coming for an interview for her position. She was sure it was Salem's doing. He must have asked Oliver to remove her from the job.

She was so angry that when Salem came to the cafe, she glared at him with much anger and said,"What do you think of yourself?"

He didn't understand the reason behind her anger. "Are you talking to me?" He asked calmly.

"No, I am talking to the ghost beside you." She replied sarcastically.

"Okay, continue then. I will just take a seat there." Salem said and walked away.

But she followed him to his seat and stood in front of him.

"Listen Salem, if I lose my job because of you, it will not be nice for you. I will literally...." She was lost at words but a minute later, she completed, "haunt you till I get another job." But he behaved as if he didn't hear her by not reacting to her words. He continued to sip from his cola.

"Are you listening, Salem? Whatever you spewed to Oliver against me. Take. It. Back." She emphasized on the last three words and walked off to the counter.

While Salem didn't react to her words, only he knew what music it was to hear his name from her mouth, that too twice. And what a cute threat it was ....she would haunt him if he made her lose her job. Then, he really wished he did something like that. What a dream nightmare it would be to be haunted by Pari.