16

She pleaded to him but he was adamant on taking her with him. She thought hearing about her pregnancy, he would soften his heart, support her and help her. But he flipped. Earlier, when she was crying, atleast he was comforting her but now, he told her to come with him.

"You have lost your mind! You ran away while being pregnant?" His hands were in air, still not believing how stupid can she be. What was she thinking?!

"He will kill everyone! Now, including me if I don't take you to him right away."

"I was keeping your location secret because he has not asked anyone to search for you, let alone personally ask me to find you. Since you left, he is all quiet and focused on his work." She was shocked to hear that he has not asked anyone to find her.

Now, it was all coming to her!
How can she be so delusional? How can she think that he forgot about her? Him being quiet is NEVER a good sign. It means he is deadlier than ever. When Riya told her about him not asking for her, she took it lightly. But Kabeer is closer to him and if he has not even asked Kabeer about her, that means something is wrong. Something is brewing in that cruel mind of his.

She rubbed her tears away and firmly told Kabeer that she is not coming with him. "Have some heart for this baby, please. I want to give the baby a normal upbringing."

"Di!" He felt like he was explaining to a wall. Infact, he wanted to bang his head on a wall because his sister  refused to understand anything.

"Why are you behaving like you don't know him? If you keep away this child from him, it will only bring destruction." Kabeer tried to make her understand.

"And why are you behaving like you don't know him? He is not good for the baby. The baby doesn't deserve him as a father." Pari argued.

"What are you talking about?" Kabeer screamed. That's when Nia came outside the room and heard his words,"He will be the best father ever. He will love the baby the most. He can give everything to the baby."

Sensing that they are fighting, Nia knocked on the room. Stress was not good for any pregnant woman. Kabeer came out of the room and left without talking to Nia.

Pari's eyes were red and Nia simply hugged her. Sometimes, all a person needed was a simple hug and it was enough to comfort them.

When Mrs. Sharma came home, Pari told her about her brother coming here. "I told my brother that I am pregnant. Your problem is solved. I will be gone from here. Whether you tell it to my husband or not, Kabeer will come to take me."

Mrs. Sharma could see Pari was close to crying. She went to her and comforted her. "Why did you tell him?" Mrs. Sharma asked. Pari was so secretive about her pregnancy that only 4-5 people know about it, not even the neighbours know she is pregnant.

"He is my family. Nobody in my family knows this. I wanted to share this with my own people. I thought he would help me. I don't know why!" Pari regretted informing him.

When Pari went back to her room and lied down on the bed, the memories of the old days started playing like a reel in her mind.

1998

Pari looked at herself in the Cupboard mirror. She was happy with how good the red kurti which she recently bought was looking. She applied kajal, wore her oxidised earrings and a light shade of lipstick. It's been a week since she joined her degree college. She was a first year student and like every average student, she chose commerce stream to study. The college was forty five minutes away by bus. She wanted to look her best because all the other students belonged to well to-do families.