Chapter 4

Shai

"What am I gonna do Cha?"

"You're going to do what you've had four years to prepare for. If you want me here, I can be. Just let me know"

"Nah, I think I can handle it on my own. I just never thought it would happen so fast. Like, It caught me off guard that I actually talked to him"

"I know and I'm sorry about that. I should've asked Bre to speak with you"

"It's fine" I chuckled.

"Okay, let me get back across the hall to the girls." Cha said standing from the couch.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow at the shop" I walked her to the door.

"Okay goodnight"

I closed the door and locked it. I headed upstairs to tuck Bre in for bed.

"You all ready for bed b-?" I stopped when I saw Bre with lipstick painted all over her face.

"Bre what are you doing?" I laughed

"I'm trying to be like you, mommy! See!" She said.

"I see you baby. Are you going to sleep like that?" I went and sat by her on the bed.

"No, Mommy. I dont get tired"

"Are you sure you don't get tired? Are you positive?" I tickled her sides.

"Yes mommy. Daddy said he has six jobs and he doesn't get tired so why should I when I only have one job?"

"What's your job Bre?"

"To be like You" she said, smiling that smile him and August shared.

I laughed, "Girl you are something else"

"How about you get tired one last time just for me so you can rest up for tomorrow. Mommy has a surprise for you!"

"Really ma? A surprise?"

"Yes, and I'm almost positive you'll love it! So can you go to sleep for me?"

"I guess I can go, but this is the only time!"

I chuckled to myself and helped her get under the covers.

"Goodnight Munchkin"

"Goodnight Mommy" she puckered her lips for a kiss.

She kissed my cheek and I turned out the light.

I headed down the hall to my room and got in my bed. Lord knows I am not prepared to see August tomorrow. There's no doubt I'm excited about seeing him.

"Lord, please give me the strength to endure what is coming for me tomorrow. I'm not prepared for any of this even though I've had time to get ready. Thank you for leading August back in to my life. And thank you for allowing Bre to finally be able to meet her dad. Please help August fully understand why I did what I did even though I shouldn't have done it. In Your name I pray, Amen."

***

After dropping the kids off at school, Cha and I headed to the salon.

"Good Morning Ladies" I greeted Yaya and Maya.

"This is Chandra. Remember I told you I hired her yesterday, Yaya?"

"Oh yes! Welcome to Yaya's Beauty Boutique! Its good to have you working here with us. We've been looking for a fourth person to have a spot at that chair over there for the longest" she said pointing to the chair beside mine.