Chapter 14

Porscha in MM

One week later

Porsha

Today I'm meeting up with my girls for lunch. We try to do it at least once a week. After everything that happened last weekend, this day is much needed. I just wanna relax with my girls, and enjoy my day.

"Alright baby. I'm leaving!" I grabbed my Berkin bag and my keys. He sat up from the couch, "We'a ya' goin'?"

"Out with the girls." He rolled his eyes, "When ya' comin' back?"

"I'm not sure yet bae, but I'll be sure to text you when I'm on my way." I kissed his cheek.

"You gone stop tryin' me, P. Stop givin' me them weak ass kisses."

I gave him a real kiss like he wanted and made my way out the door.

Chandra

"Go take your rollers out your hair, Kay, and put your shoes on."

Out of my three girls, Kayden gives me the most trouble in the mornings. I have to keep her busy or she'll sit down somewhere and go back to sleep. I also have to wake her up earlier because she'll sit down on the side of the bed for 10 minutes before she actually gets up.

"Ma, your phone is ringing!" Maya came running in my bathroom with my phone in hand.

"Thank you baby. Go make sure Kayden is dressed and ready."

"Yes ma'am."

I looked at the caller ID and didn't recognize the number, but I did recognize the area code. Someone was calling from a New Orleans number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Chandra, is that you?"

"Ms. Sheila?"

Shai

"Maaaa! I really don't feel good." I rolled my eyes. "What's wrong with you Bre?"

She looked up to the sky like she had to think of something. "Uh, my throat hurts and I think I got a fever." She felt her head. "See Ma, it's hot!"

I felt her head, "Bre.. You don't have a fever and your throat does not hurt. Go put your shoes on so you can be at school on time."

"Uhhhh!" She whined, "I'm calling my daddy!"

I hate that Aug bought her that damn iPad. Everything she doesn't get her way with me, she calls him like he's supposed to do something.

"I don't care what Aug says! You're going to school!"

I headed back to my bathroom to finish my make up. Bre came with her iPad in hand and sat on the toilet seat.

"Daddy, tell mommy I can't go to school. I'm sick." She fake coughed.

"Why ya' don't wan' go ta' school, mama?"

"It's boring Daddy! And I would rather stay with you." She whined making those puppy dog eyes.

"You gotta go ta' school, Bre. You can't miss school just ta' miss it, iight?"

She didn't respond. She just looked at him.

"Fix ya' face." She furrowed her eyebrows and poked her lips out more.

"Aubrey, this ain't no joke. I ain' playin' wit'chu. Cut the attitude out and fix ya' face."

"Ok." She straightened up her face.