Chapter 18

"I think that's it."

Right now, we were standing near the car, Well, Yuji was sitting on it. While the sun was going down.

"I've been to Yasohachi Bridge, too," Megumi exclaimed. "To bungee jump?" Yuji questioned and soon got a Bork on the head from none other than Megumi. While Yuji yelped in pain, Megumi continued to explain as the others didn't even flinch.

'At this point, I think Yuji likes getting hit by Megumi...'I mentally faceplate.

"It's easy for curses to take root in the haunted location, just like in schools, so people from jujutsu high regularly patrol it." He continued.

"There wasn't anything unusual at the time, though." He exclaimed."It might be a bit famous," but it's still used as a normal bridge."

At that, a thought came to my mind, and without even thinking, I almost spoke, "Maybe it's b-" but then got cut by the old man from before. Only then did I realize that if what I was thinking is true, then it's gonna hurt Yuji.. and so I kept my mouth shut and hoped I was wrong.

"Sorry, I was curious about something," the old man spoke. "What is it?" Megumi asked."tsukimi-kun took awfully good care of you when you were in school. Is she doing well," He asked while scratching his cheek

It took Megumi a few seconds before he replied with "yes" he had a weird look in his eyes, I noticed.

And of course, Yuji and nobara had to middle in Megumi's business, But this time even I was curious. It sounded like a girl's name.

"Who's tsumiki?" Yuji asked, and Megumi calmly answered. "What?!" Nabara yelled in surprise and anger.

"You tell us too little about yourself!" She yelled, and I fully agreed with her."That's so unfair!" I yelled."Yeah, that's right!" Yuji backed us up.

[Time skip]

We had searched everywhere on bridge but we couldn't found the curse...

Now standing in front of a conventional store, we were eating all eating a rice ball.

"We couldn't even feel a trace of the curse." Megumi said as I opened my 2nd rice ball.

"So, we gonna start over?" For real?" Nobara asked as she took a bite out of the rice ball while I nodded my head looking at megumi. "We most likely shouldn't waste our time" I started explaining "this is after over a famous paranormal spot. There's definitely gonna be more people who are cursed"

"Yeah plus we're looking at a 100 percent death rate here." Yuji's voice was serious as he stated "we can't afford to let more people die"

Nobara sigh'ed and agreed "true.."

"Oh!" Hearing that nitta-san's fist hit her open plam with a light tap like she got an idea "they were into bungee jumping, right? Maybe it has something to do with the act of jumping down?"

"Nah" I shaked my head as megumi explained "we already tested that theory with itadori."

'WHAT!?! YOU MEAN WITH THAT PLASTIC CORD?!" the older women yelled in pure shock.

Honestly I felt that. Even I a lot of times just wonder how he does thing like that. He was like this even before he ate sukuna's finger..

"HEY! there you are!" A voice yelled out catching all of our attention.

It was that bully from megumi's middle school.

"What's that again?" Nobara asked bored amd not even bothering to remember even a bit. I chuckled and asked "that person you were picking that in the school"