𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ:
'ᴀʀsᴇɴᴀʟ?'

𝚁𝙰𝚅𝙴𝙽 ʀᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴀɴᴅs ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇʀ ғᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴀᴛᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʀɪᴅ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀʟʏ ᴇxʜᴀᴜsᴛᴇᴅ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ.

The footballer had barely got any sleep last night; she always found it difficult to get to sleep the night before big matches. And today was a huge one.

She was playing against one of her friends' teams and whatever she did in this game counted if she wanted to get into the euros of 2022.

The girl sighed, snatching her phone from her bedside table and slinging her bag over her left shoulder, taking a step away from the mirror she was standing at.

Sliding her phone into her jacket pocket, Raven jogged down the stairs, taking a seat at one of the last ones to easily slip on her shoes.

'𝙷𝚘𝚗𝚔!!'

She could already tell what the sound was, the car horn being so familiar she pretty much had it's tone memorised.

She groaned with a slight smile, taking her dear time to get out of the house and opening the door with ease. The girl juggled her keys in one hand, before slowly locking her door, another honk erupting from the grey toyota behind her.

"Alright, jeez I'm coming," Ray mumbled under her breath, skipping towards her best friend's car and flinging open the back doors, "Hey No," she hopped into the seat, throwing her bag into the seat beside her.

Noah rolled his eyes, clearly fed up with how long his friend had made him wait, "Don't 'hey No' me, you know I've been here since five past, right?"

Raven pulled out her phone, checking the time, which was printed on the top of her screen.

16:33

Ray gave the boy beside her a sheepish smile, "Whoops?" Noah rolled his eyes, starting up the car, "Well, why didn't you text?" She asked, unlocking her phone.

"I did!" The boy furrowed his brows, turning the music coming from the radio down to have a conversation with his friend, "And called actually!"

Ray scrunched up her nose in confusion about to try and prove him wrong, before the cocky smile on her face dropped, her eyes skimming along the words imprinted.

'𝟾 ᴍɪssᴇᴅ ᴄᴀʟʟs ғʀᴏᴍ
'ғʀᴜɪᴛʏ 🍎🍌🍉🍇🍓🍒''

'𝟷𝟽 ɴᴇᴡ ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇs ғʀᴏᴍ
'ʙᴀʀʙɪᴇ 💅💅''

''𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚜𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚜𝚋𝚏'
sᴇɴᴛ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴛ!'

"My bad, sorry," the girl apologised with a big smile on her face, clearly not actually regretting her actions, "Phone was on silent."

She lifted up her phone in defense, leaning forward to turn up the volume to the radio, preventing Noah from replying, the boy only being able to let out a small, "Dickhead."

"We're still picking up Brooke, right?"

"Yep, she better be done. I'm not waiting and sitting alone with you for another five minutes." Ray let out a loud chuckle at his words.

---------------------

Noah pulled up in front of Brooke's house, rolling his eyes at something Raven had said beforehand.