𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
'ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴛʀɪᴘ'

𝑅𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣:

"ɪ'ᴍ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, ɪ'ᴍ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ!" I yelled out, as Noah's car horn honked from outside, running down the stairs.

Today was the day that the England team came together and arrived at the Team hotel. And unfortunately, I had slept in; just like I usually did.

I cursed a profanity under my breath, giggling at the irony, I didn't even need to check who it was when my phone blew up with notifications, immediately knowing it was from one or both of my two best friends, most likely telling me to 'hurry the fuck up'.

I slipped on my trainers not bothering to do the laces, while I slung my bag over my shoulder. Stealthily, I yanked the door open, pulling out my suitcase, as Brooke jumped out the car, opening the boot.

"Finally!" She shreiked, as I hopped down the steps after locking the door and sliding the keys into my pocket.

The brunnette slid back into the car straight after, clearly claiming the front seat and trying to hide from the biting cold winds.

Jogging down the steps, I threw my suitcase in the back and my bag in the backseats with me, slamming the boot and the door shut.

"Took you fucking ages," Brooke complained, throwing her hand to turn down the radio, ready to hear my explanation.

Noah started the car so that we were on the road, "Yeah, what were you doing?"

"I slept in," I stated blankly and silence roamed around the car for a long second, each of us sensing exactly what was going to happen next.

The girl ahead let out a small chuckle, "Called it!"

The car vibrated with fits of laughter, each of us giggling our lungs out. I sighed, once our fits of chuckle𝗌 stopped and kicked my feet up onto the seat, quickly doing my laces, so I didn't end up tripping over them.

"We're gonna be so so late!" I complained, throwing my hands over my face and putting my keys into my backpack before I had lost them.

"Yeah," Noah snorted, Brooke laughing along, "And who's fault is that?"

I groaned loudly, leaning backwards and resting my head against the car door, "The thing is that my alarm actually rang this time, And I heard it."

The two gave me a weird look, each of them obviously thinking the exact same thing, "How the fuck did you not wake up then?"

"I thought I was waking up at half seven, not half six," I exhaled a long breath, my friends letting out a long and loud giggle.

"Fuck," Brooke muttered under her breath, checking her phone, "Coach leaves in like five minutes."

"No," I said in disbelief, annoyed that I couldn't wake up on time on what might be one of the most important days of my life, "How long will it take to get there?" I asked Noah, him being the driver.

"At least seven, assuming there's no traffic," he answered tapping the wheel, as he drove down a hill.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath, running my hands over my face in worry and then turning to the brunette, "Okay, Brooke, can we get Beth to stall the driver for a couple minutes?"