𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ-
'ʀᴜɪɴᴇᴅ'

ʀᴀᴠᴇɴ sᴘᴇɴᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɴᴄʜ, ᴋɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ғᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɴᴅ sɪɢʜɪɴɢ.

She was meant to be in the changing room, but apparently the ref and their coaches didn't trust Raven or Leah enough to go back, because there was a wide chance of yet another fight, knowing the Newcastle player's history.

Ray groaned silently, throwing her head into her hands. She had ruined her chances of actually being picked for the euros now.

And it was all because of Leah Williamson.

She rolled her eyes, thinking what could have been if she would have just ignored the blonde.

Ray snatched up her bottle of water, downing half of it quickly, gulping down her stress. She kicked the grass under her, bouncing her leg up and down.

Raven turned her attention back towards the match, averting her eyes to where Brooke was playing, watching her every movement and how good she was at marking.

The minutes started to close in and only three minutes of added time ticking by quickly, only about a minute remaining.

Ray leaned back, thinking that there was no way that anyone could score a goal in the last minute, and the game would end off with a tie- which neither team wanted, nor needed.

Until, something exciting happened.

Brooke got passed the ball, the girl making quick work of dribbling it down the pitch, Ray leaning back up, and shuffling to the end of her seat.

Cheers came from the crowd behind her, silence coming from the opposite.

She joined in with the cheers, once Brooke twisted and turned around the arsenal defender. Raven heard Leah groan and lean her head in her hands in the corner of her eye, making the girl smile.

Brooke passed it down to a teammate, knowing that she couldn't make this goal, due to all the defenders in her way.

Katie sprinted, the ball at her feet, charging down the field, everyone watching now at the edge of their seats as her foot made contact with the ball.

It was almost as if it was moving in slow motion, soaring through the air making it's way to the goal, while the goalkeeper dived. The time ticked by slower, every other player just watching in awe.

Before Raven could even blink, the shouts made the fact clear. Everyone on the bench, perked up, all looking back at each other as the ball finally made it into the goal.

Shrieks crowded the airspace from Newcastle supporters, all of the people on the bench joining in.

They had won.

Every Newcastle player sprinted towards each other, throwing their hands over one another in a hug. Ray quickly ran up to Katie, giving her a spud and a hug, before congratulating her and jogging over to Brooke.

"Good game, idiots," Beth jogged up to Brooke and Ray with a grin, outstreching her hand.

The dark skinned girl, smirked back, shaking her hand, "Good game, Meado."

Brooke chuckled, shaking Beth's hand too, before they all sighed, pulling one another into a three person hug.

"Haway," Ray nodded towards the stands, "Noah's down there with Ben, probably waiting for us to go up to them."

"And isn't that more of a reason not to?" Brooke cocked up her brow and Ray shrugged, Beth letting out a long loud laugh.

Nevertheless, the trio made their way down to the stands for Brooke, Beth and Raven to talk to their friend and Beth's brother.

"That was fucking amazing!" Noah exclaimed as soon as the three walked over, "And that last shot was just perfection!"

"Yeah, mate," Ben added on, "The fact that there was literally like a minute left on the clock and that happened!"

Beth sighed, rolling her eyes at her brother's fan behaviour. Ray smiled, playfully shoving her friend, "Don't get salty on us now."

They all laughed, giggling as the coach behind them yelled out for Brooke and Ray. "One second!" Brooke yelled back, before turning around the face the other four faces.

"Raven, how did you even get fouled?" Beth's brother asked.

Ray could sense Noah's eyes widen and Brooke smirk, Noah had clearly lost the bet and £50.

Raven shrugged at the boy, thinking about what had actually made her tick, "To be fully honest, I think it was the adrenaline."

Brooke laughed loudly, remembering those exact same words from her previous matches, "It's always adrenaline."

Ray rolled her eyes, silence crossing the airspace before they all made eye contact, resulting in a loud laughing fit.

"Right, me and Brooke are gonna go, before Coach loses her socks."

Beth giggled, "Yeah, I should probably do the same. Coach might think I'm siding with the enemies."

The four laughed at Beth's words, before actually deciding to head back over to their teams.

"Don't miss us too much," Brooke joked, before the duo raced into the back towards the team, both teams eventually meeting to shake hands and say congrats.

Raven stayed at the end of the line, trying to avoid making eye contact with that one blonde, before both teams decided to go talk to the audience.

-----------

"So where's my £50?" Brooke raised an eyebrow in question once the trio all hopped into Noah's car; Brooke now calling dibs to sit in the front while Ray got comfortable in the back.

The boy sighed, running a hand through his hair before deciding to pull out his wallet from his back pocket.

"Thought I forgot, huh?" Brooke quirked up a brow, as Ray let out a stifled laugh in the back.

"I don't know what you're laughing at Ray, you're literally the one that got fouled," No rolled his eyes, clearly unamused, before turning back to Brooke, "And yeah, I did sorta think you forgot."

"Nope! I just didn't wanna run you for your money infront of your little crush."

Noah rolled his eyes with a loud sigh, counting out £50 from his wallet, that he himself was surprised he carried around. 

Brooke smiled, snatching the money from her friends hand, while Ray made kissy sounds in the back, trying to wind the boy up.

The whole group bursted out laughing, before Noah spoke up, clearing his throat, "So where we going now?"

"I'm thinking we go down to maccies drive through and then we go home," Brooke suggested, "And then later we go down to Digital?"

"Yeah!" Ray agreed, almost bouncing up and down in her seat, "To celebrate our win of course."

"Not another nightclub!" Noah groaned.

After most matches, the Newcastle team decided to go celebrate (win or lose) at a random nightclub, and Brooke and Raven always decided to drag Noah along with them.

"C'mon!" Groaned the dark-skinned girl, "We'll get Beth to bring Ben!" She offered and Brooke wiggled her eyebrows.

"Deal." Noah replied instantly, a not-so subtle grin staining his features.

The two girls giggled in sinc, Ray slipping out of her shoes to put her feet up onto the seats and roll the window down slightly.

The boy started his car, the smile never leaving his face as he thought of the boy he had only met an hour or so ago, "He's not my crush, by the way."

"Mhmm, sure," giggled the two friends in clear disbelief.