𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
'ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ'

"ʙʀᴏᴏᴋᴇ, ʜᴜʀʀʏ ᴜᴘ!" Ray yelled to her friend through Noah's door, tapping her foot quickly. A pack of aspirin was in her hands, as she took two tablets into her mouth, along with a gulp of her bottle of water.

If this new coach was as scary as Leah made her out to be, the two footballers were screwed.

Noah unlocked the door, to stop Ray's knocking, his eyes red, as it swung open, holding his head, "Jesus, be quieter please."

The girl rolled her eyes at her friends words, sighing loudly, as Brooke quickly ran out of the room, before looking around like a lost dog.

"Fuck, water," She cursed, retracing her steps and looking back around Noah's room, to finally find her bottle of water.

Raven rolled her eyes at her two friends, Noah still holding his head at the girl's loud tone.

"Brooke, here," Ray said handing her friend the medicine, and hurrily tapping her foot, to which the brunette downed a couple before chucking the rest at Noah.

They both headed towards the lifts, Raven calling back to Noah in a reminder, "No more than two every four hours!"

"Stop fucking yelling!" Noah yelled back, making himself wince at the loudness of his own voice, to which Ray and Brooke laughed at him.

"Bye No," The two footballers called out almost in sinc, as they rushed into the lift, both of them almost instantly regretting their action, after it dropped down by two floors. 

"The stairs probably would have been quicker," The younger girl whispered to her friend, looking through the crowd of people that were suppossedly about to check out, as the lift opened to them.

"Yep," Raven whispered back, as she watched them all pack their suitcases into the lift, before looking back at Brooke, gesturing for her to follow, as she shuffled through the people to find the stairs.

Rushing down the stairs, Brooke cursed to herself, slowing in her steps, "I've left my phone."

Ray sighed, looking at the girl with a disappointed look, "Dont even think about going back. You can just use mi-"

Raven stopped in her tracks fully, as she felt her pocket for the device, before groaning loudly.

"I've left my phone."

"God, you guys are so unprepared," Beth laughed, as the two arrived at the reception, having heard their previous conversation, "But at least you're actually on time," she joked, smiling at the two.

"And yous aren't the last ones in today," Ella called to the two with a laugh, from beside Raven's blonde roommate, "Coach isn't even here yet." 

Raven's eyes caught with Williamson's, before finally, processing the midfeilder's words, and looking around, noting that the coach still hadn't arrived, making her and her best friend let out a sigh of relief.

Beth laughed at their synchronisation, tapping her hands along the kit she was wearing.

"So we were stressing for no reason?" Brooke asked with a small sigh.

"Well, I texted you guys that Coach called and said she was gonna be slightly late. But yous clearly didn't get it," Beth laughed at the two, making them roll their eyes, "How's Noah?"

"Good. Hopefully," Brooke half-joked with a small laugh, making the other two chuckle too.

Ray snapped her eyes away from the ones she had managed to catch once again, as she looked to Brooke, noting that Noah and Beth's brother were clearly into eachother, yet neither had decided to make a move, "How's Ben?"

Beth laughed as she thought of her younger brother, turning to the girls with a small smile, replaying her recent games and how he had never failed to cheer her on, "He's okay. Best fan, ever."

Ray and Brooke laughed, remembering how Ben had been at their last game against Arsenal, and how Noah and Ben were fun fans.

"I am so sorry I'm late, girls, I got held up," An apology ringed through the air, being the coach, making the teammates smile and turn to look from where it had came from.

"Dont worry, you're right on time," Beth smiled at the older woman, fidgetting with her hands, trying to make a good impression.

Beth noddes in agreement, deciding to chirp in too, with a small laugh, joking, "Usually we're the late ones."

Raven smiled awkwardly, rocking back and forth on her feet, being the only one in the group that hadn't said anything to the coach, making Leah laugh slightly. 

-

The team had been training for almost half an hour, mostly just doing drills to start it off, before eventually getting into playing a match.

The team were all huddled into one group, waiting for the instructions from the coach, as they were split into two groups, Raven, Leah, Brooke and Beth being the only four remaining.

"Mead and Reids on the right for me, Williamson and Rose on the left," The coach ordered, the four girls nodding before getting into their assigned teams.

The match began swiftly, Raven managing to get a goal in the first three minutes, the other team following closely behind by the fourth.

Raven had barely been able to see Williamson at the start of the game, which was good for the girl, since it meant there couldn't be another repeat of what had happened the last time they had played against eachother.

Weigman watched the teams, mentally tracking their strengths and weaknesses. Raven pinched her shirt, trying to fan in air to cool herself down, as the match went on. Reids managing to wiggle her way down the court again, she looked for a free pass, approaching her roommate.

Her eyes scanned the smirk on the defender's face, making her roll her eyes, as she passed the ball to one of her teammates, finally being out of Williamson's view.

The game finally ended, the team coming together, as the coach gave them what they had to improve on, which was mostly to just learn how to work as a team, which shouldn't be the hardest, since it had only been their first time playing together as a team.

---

The footballers all returned to their rooms after training, needing to take another shower to rid them of their sweat and smell.

Leah sighed, making her way into the room after her roommate, Raven having already entered the room about two minutes ago.

As soon as she entered the room, Leah sighed, as she watched Raven adjust the towel around her body, her eyes dropping slightly, "Let me go in first."

"As if," Raven snorted as if that was the dumbest thing she had ever heard, her gaze following the blonde's, "I'll be quick."

Leah rolled her eyes, swinging her top off, above and over her head, throwing it onto her bed, swallowing thickly, left in her sports bra, "Right, whatever."

Now it was Reids' turn to let her eyes scan Leah's upper body, eyes trailing across the toned stomach. Her breathing hitched, before she quickly turned away in a fluster, to head in to the bathroom.

She laughed to herself, shutting and locking the hotel's bathroom door behind her, recalling her previous words with a small smirk.

"I'm taking as long as I need," she muttered to herself with a small proud smile, knowing that Leah was going to be pissed. That was her intention.

ᴀ/ɴ: yes Ray's having two showers- leave alone 🤧