𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
'ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛʏᴘᴇ'

ʙʀᴏᴏᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀᴠᴇɴ sᴡᴀʏᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴘᴏᴛ, ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴜɴɴᴇᴛᴛᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғʀᴏɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ, ɴᴏᴀʜ ᴀʟsᴏ ᴅʀᴜᴍᴍɪɴɢ ʜɪs ғɪɴɢᴇʀs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ.

Ray loved times like this; when they would all just intictively dance along to the lyrics of a song they all knew, no matter the mood, the comfortable silence between them that followed after the song. And she hated when they came to an end; as did the rest of the trio.

Noah parked right outside the restaurant, letting the two get out, saying goodbye and listening to the two beg him to pick them up on the way back, before driving off and declining, "You find your own way back, I'm gonna go have another nap."

By that, he definitely meant 'facetime Ben'. They had gotten extremely close after their date, but hadnt yet made things official.

Brooke and Raven waved goodbye to the car, slight irritation that he wouldn't pick them back up, but still understanding why.

They looked at each other, taking a long sigh, and muttering conversation to one another when they walked into the restaurant.

Their eyes instantly found the group of footballers, both of them internally cheering when they did.

Beth and Leah saw them almost immediately after too, Leah rolling her eyes slightly, and Beth rushing up to greet them to stop them from waiting at the 'wait here' sign.

She quickly ushered the two footballers down to where the big group was. The group of footballers, bar Leah, greeted the two, Leah giving Brooke a light smile.

"Where have you two been?!" Beth giggled, giving Ray and Brooke a quick high-five.

The two late footballers looked at eachother, as they let out a small laugh, skipping past the question, "Don't ask."

The girls laughed, scooting into the big rounded booth on opposite sides, meaning that Ray was facing Leah.

Leah looked pretty annoyed, her facial expression changing for a short second as soon as Ray and her made eye contact, a hint of hate hiding in them.

She was slouched in her seat, hair up in a messy bun, practically scowling at the sight with a glare.

"We haven't ordered yet," Ella assured the two with a welcoming smile, introducing herself and the rest of the team.

"Yeah," Leah added, raspy voice sounding authoritive, as she looked the dark-skinned girl up and down, "We were waiting for you two to arrive."

A smile skimmed Raven's features, as she was about to speak and thank the group, she got cut off by the blonde ahead.

"Beth insisted that we did."

Raven and Brooke smiled at their friend, thanking her for convincing the others to wait, before they grabbed a menu each.

"Pasta?" Raven nudged Beth playfully, knowing that Beth knew that pasta was her favourite food and it was her go-to meal, especially penne or rigatonni.

Beth laughed, her hands finding Ray's arms while she did so, oblivious to the pair of blue eyes scanning the pair.

Brooke, perked up in her seat, seemingly finished reading the menu and picking what she had wanted, "You know what you're ordering?"