𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
'ғᴏᴜʟᴇᴅ'

ᴄʜᴇᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜɪsᴛʟᴇs ᴇʀᴜᴘᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀᴅɪᴜᴍ, as the Newcastle and arsenal team walked out of the tunnel alongside eachother.

Each of the players marched out with big cocky grins, but in reality, they were all scared of the other team, knowing their ability and having seeing their previous matches.

The geordies stood in a line beside the other team, glancing at the players in red.

Arsenal.

Ray's eyes scanned the line beside her, desperately searching for one of her friends, not having been able to spot her in the tunnel, but instead only meeting a pair of light blue eyes.

She gave a slight sheepish smile, sighing, before giving up on her mission to try find Beth.

Or she did, until Brooke tapped her shoulder repeatedly, whispering and nodding to the middle, where their friend was stood, "There's Beth."

She was looking back at them both with a grin, waving quickly before turning back to face the crowd.

---------

Before getting into positions, Brooke and Ray said their goodbyes, also both waving at Noah who was at the front of the crowd in the stands.

"Good luck. Don't get fouled, babes," Brooke joked, yelling over the cheers so she could be heard.

Raven scoffed, "Same to you, sweet cheeks." She joked back, both of them chuckling, before getting into their right positions.

Soon, the starting whistle blew loudly, announcing the beginning of the game, each player moving, knowing not to stand still at the start of a game.

By half time, no team had gotten even remotely close to scoring a goal, no one on the pitch being given a chance by the nasty defenders on both sides.

As the team all jogged into the changing room, Raven sighed, quite clearly annoyed that it was nil-nil, curling up onto the bench.

"Don't worry, man we'll do better after this break," A teammate nudged her in the arm, giving her an optimistic smile.

"Thanks." She replied, clasping their hands together in a thank you.

"Noah's gotta be fucking screaming right now." Brooke told her, downing her bottle of lucozade and sitting down beside her.

"He probably is," Ray laughed, recalling the way that her friend yelled whenever she or Brooke got the ball, "Could you hear him yelling?"

"Anyone on the other side of the country could have heard that boy's scream."

They both bursted into laughter, Raven downing half a bottle of water, trying to stay hydrated.

"I need the loo, I'll be back, don't worry," Brooke announced to her friend.

Her friend let out a soft giggle, as the brunette jogged down to the toilets, leaving Ray alone with the rest of her teammates.

Just then, Ray's phone started ringing, without even having to look at who it was, she picked it up, also noticing that it was a FaceTime.