Chapter 14

*After unknown hours have passed since leaving Koshi's residence, Touma Kamijou was left with time to think about everything he went through today... A feeling of guilt loomed over him after his outrage towards Kyoko's creator who deemed him and his new companions as "fictional characters." In addition to that statement, was the creator's envision of Kyoko's world. The level 0 imagine breaker was left wondering if he could've handle that act better than before.

"...haaa. I really let my emotions get the better of me, huh? Still...that doesn't give that guy the right to force Kyoko into a death game where she has to kill somebody in order to live. My creator can't be someone like that right?"

As guilty Touma could feel about it, right now it seems trivial  to him, as his attention focuses on those two words he was labeled as...

"...Fictional characters..." As Touma said these two words, something stung Touma's emotional core, either with anger or anguish.

For Touma, fictional characters are the kind that can just come back to life and start from the beginning as much as someone else wanted. The kind in which their lives can just be reshaped to however they are, without remorse. The kind in which you can kill them or make them kill each other, over and over again for your amusement, since they'll come back to life anyway.. The kind...in which you can be shifted to a different character who would use imagine breaker to kill or maim someone just for laughs and enjoyment...!

For a person like Touma to be deemed as one, it greatly enraged him. Being deemed as fictional means that every defining moment Touma had, such as saving the misaka clones' lives, stopping world war 3, and saving index from the church organizations, preventing the war between science and magic, and even changing the lives of people who are now his friends. Even a magic god herself. All of it, was fake.

Meaningless. Nothing special for Touma, the people he saved, and his friends. Just a made-up script, written by some guy's imagination. An illusion Touma had been living in since the day he was born. No...not just him. Everyone in the world he lives in, that have went through their experiences and reach the changing points of their lives... They were just illusions.

If that was the case...then...did the literal billion times he died in Othinus's world, was all for naught...? Thinking about Othinus herself.  Was she just another character given the god status, made up by another god? The irony in that notion was just enormous.

The power to create and give a life to someone, and murder them or change them without a second thought, just because they're fictional... It's honestly a terrifying power for anyone to have. But he guesses that the person who has that power, have never imagined that their creations will come alive and bite them.

And all of that power, is wielded by these gods here. The land of gods. The creators who created him and his world.