Chapter 6 'Maybe Mom Was Right'

"So how strict is the gym teacher about people not showing up in the right clothes?" I asked Ivy and Audrey as we made our way down the hallway and toward the gym. 

     "I have an extra t-shirt and pair of shorts in my gym locker that you can borrow," Audrey said. "I always keep a spare set at school just in case something happens."

     "Are you sure you don't mind?" I double-checked. "Because it's totally fine if you do, I'm sure that the teacher will let me off today considering it's my first day and I didn't even know that I had gym on my class schedule."

     "I just have this feeling that we're going to be really good friends," Audrey smiled widely at me. "I don't mind at all."

     I was not expecting Audrey to give me the smallest shorts known to man to wear today. 

     "What is this?" I laughed. "Audrey when you said that you had a pair of shorts that I could borrow I thought you meant, like, an adult pair of shorts. Not a pair of shorts that's meant for a preteen." 

     Ivy snorted loudly at my comment.

     "What do you mean? They're not that short," she brushed me off. "Just put them on."

     "It'll be fine, I promise," Ivy said. "They're not that strict with the dress code in gym class, you'll be ok."

     "I'm going to freeze in there," I  grumbled, reluctantly putting the shorts on. At least the shirt Audrey lent me was a normal size and not brought at 'Children's Place'.

     "I'm sure someone can lend you a jacket," Audrey said with a slight smirk.

     "You're the worst!" Ivy laughed loudly at her friend and smacked her on the arm slightly. 

     "I'm just saying."

     Both Ivy and Audrey seemed to be laughing at some inside joke that I didn't understand in the slightest.

     The gym teacher was nowhere to be found by the time we all finished changing and made our way out to the actual gym itself. Everyone was standing in separate, little groups all around the gym talking amongst themselves while we all waited for the teacher. 

     Brad, Grayson, Xavier, and some other guy with light brown hair were standing huddled together against the far left wall. 

     "Ok, but, is Mrs. Pearson ever on time for class?" Ivy asked annoyed as she wrapped her arms around Grayson.

     "You must be Addison!" The random guy I didn't know exclaimed happily. "It's so good to meet you L-"

     Xavier chose that exact moment to give the random guy a noogie. "Come here you," he yelled out.