Chapter 25 'What Andrew Knows'

Last week all I had to worry about was school, homework and that stupid English play. And now none of that seemed to even remotely matter, because now werewolves were real and to top it all off, I had werewolf friends.

And despite how many times I pinch myself I still won't wake up from this dream. Which means that this, all of this, is real.

My head was going to explode.

"You ready to go get married, Juliet?" Ivy asked me, straightening out the old, musty veil that I had found on the back of the drama room's prop closet.

And oh yeah! Today was finally the day of the Romeo and Juliet scenes for English class. And to top it all off Andrew was running late and not responding to any of my texts.

I mean, did he know about Xavier being a werewolf? About all of them being werewolves? Was that what he was going to tell me before on last Friday ?

"Hello. Earth to Addison." Ivy waved one of her hands back and forth in front of my face. "You in there?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, sorry," I replied sheepishly. "I was just a little in my head. I'm still taking in the whole werewolf thing," I admitted.

Ivy frowned at my words. "You can always talk to me or anyone else about any questions or worries that you may have. We're all here for you, Addie."

That I knew to be true. Why? Because everyone kept offering to answer any questions and also asking if I was okay. All the time. It's worse than after my dad passed away.

     "I know." And I was sick of hearing it also. "Now tell me honestly," I said spinning around in my fake wedding dress. "How do I look?"

      Lucky for me Ivy didn't do anything else supernatural. "Like you're going to get married and then stab yourself to death with your husband's dagger."

     "A simple, 'you look so pretty' would have been fine also," I sassed.

     "Sorry, Luna."

     That was another thing: Luna. Ever since Xavier told me about us being soulmates and that I would be the Luna of the pack everyone has started to call me Luna also.

     It's really made me realize two very important things. The first being that there are way more werewolves at this school than I ever dared to think. And the second thing being that I hate being called Luna. Like a lot.

     I knew that telling her any of this though would do nothing. I'm pretty sure that everyone was convinced that the more they all called me 'Luna' the more likely I would be to say yes.

     "I need to run to the bathroom really quick before our scene," I announced. "I promise that I'll be super fast."

     I didn't even wait for Ivy to respond, I just picked the front of my fake wedding dress and practically ran away.

     I didn't even really need to use the bathroom at all, I just needed a moment of peace.

     The drama room bathrooms were down a long, slightly creepy hallway that, of course, was in the school basement. And also the lightbulbs were yellow and flickering, because of course.

     There were only two, single bathrooms. Both of them are covered in past students' signatures and half-faded doodles.

     "Oops, I'm so sorry Luna." Some random girl who I've never met a single day in my life said.