Chapter 17 'The Plan'

Xavier's P.OV.

"What is wrong with you?" Ivy hissed out as soon as she and Grayson had successfully pulled me outside and away from Andrew. "I could feel Ryder about to come out and skin him alive for bringing her coffee."

Grayson gave me a firm look before letting go of my arm and taking a few steps back.

     Ok, so maybe my wolf was scratching at the surface, and maybe he was wanting to come out and throw the coffee that Andrew got her straight in his ugly face, and maybe I wanted to throw him out of a window and listen to him cry out in pain. Maybe.

    "I get that you're an alpha and that your wolf is more protective and possessive," Grayson started. "But all that guy did was buy her coffee. He wasn't trying to propose and marry her."

     "She's mine!" I snarled. I could feel my eyes getting darker and my claws starting to poke through my skin.

     "Ok, bad choice of words on my part. Sorry," Grayson muttered only after his mate smacked him across the chest. "But I was just trying to get my point across."

     "Xavier you may be my alpha and my best friend and I may love you very much, but Addison is my soon-to-be Luna and one my best friends, and as your mate's best friend I think that it's my place to tell you that you're being ridiculous," Ivy huffed out. "So, to summarize all of that, you're being absolutely insane in every single way."

     "And I'm the one that's saying the wrong things to him," Grayson rolled his eyes. Which of course earned him another smack across the chest from his mate. "Sorry,"

     "Addison is human," Ivy went on. "She isn't part of our world. She doesn't know anything and you acting all crazy and impossible like this isn't helping. If anything it's making your chances with her even worse."

     I could finally start to feel Ryder calm down. Addison. Just think of Addison. Of her beautiful eyes and soft smile, and the way that she smells so good and makes my heart beat so much faster and makes my world spin. I just needed to think of my absolutely perfect little mate and how amazing she is.

     "You need to take things one step at a time like they do in the human world," Ivy said calmly. "Become her friend, take her on a date, buy her flowers, and get to know her before telling her the truth."

     "I agree," Grayson nodded slinging an arm over Ivy's shoulders and pulling her closer to his side.

"Like you had a choice," Ivy snorted.

     "Why does this all have to be so hard?" I sighed, dragging a hand down my face as I spoke. "Why can't Addie just be part wolf or know about our world somehow? Why do I have to be the one to tell her and risk her hating me and thinking that I'm crazy."

     "Xavier I've seen you take on three guys all by yourself during training," my best friend and beta said. "You took down your first rough wolf before you had even shifted yet, man. You're one of the strongest people that I know. If anyone can win over their mate it's you!"

     "You're an alpha, Xav!" Ivy added to her mate's encouragement. "Not only are you an alpha, but you're the next in line for the Midnight Pack! One of the oldest packs in all of North America that's known worldwide for its undeniable strength and refusal to fail!"