Chapter 28 ' Magic, Madness and Mates'

Xavier's POV

What the hell was that?

What just happened?

One second I'm sitting here in the school theatre next to Grayson, watching both of our mates put on a scene from Romeo and Juliet like Mr. Hanson's English class does each semester, when Ryder started to stir in my head.

He was whimpering and whining, clawing at the wall in our minds demanding to be let out.

What's wrong? I demanded.

Although Ryder is a pure-blood Alpha werewolf and extremely stubborn and strong-willed, he never acts like this unless something's wrong.

Something is going to happen, he murmured. Something is going to happen to Mate.

That's when I felt it too, a profound sense of dread settling on my chest like a heavyweight.

I absent-mindedly rubbed a hand over my chest as I kept on watching my mate and that annoying guy playing Romeo exchange lines.

"Do you have a gut feeling that something. . . not good is going to happen also?" Grayson whispered as he leaned sideways slightly towards me. "My wolf is clawing at the wall in my mind, telling me that he needs to take control and be let out."

Something was wrong.

If both our wolves were acting up then something had to be wrong.

I tried to stand up, but I couldn't. It was like an indivisible force was holding me down, pinning me to my seat.

"I can't move," I seethed out between clenched teeth as I kept on trying to use all of my strength to rip myself from my chair. know

"Neither can I," Grayson panted out, obviously trying to force himself to move like I was.

Brad! I yelled out through our mind link. I need you to get Hunter and come to the theatre right now.

No response.

Brad! I tried again.

But no response. Why wasn't Brad answering me?

"What the hell is Hunter doing right now that's keeping him so busy that he can't answer me right now?" Grayson spat out with pure venom.

"I can't get through to Brad either."

"What the hell is going on, Xavier?"

"My love," Andrew said, pulling my Mate way too close to him. "From the moment that I laid my eyes on you, I knew that the fates had finally gifted me, everlasting love. The moment I saw you across the room there was no doubt in my mind that you were going to be mine."

My blood ran cold.

How did Andrew know these words?

"Addison, nothing will ever keep us apart. Not your people, not my people, not even the Moon Goddess or the fates themselves can keep me away from you."

"I'm going to kill him," Grayson practically growled. "What is he doing to my Luna?!"

Andrew leaned in closer to my mate and said something to her that I couldn't hear. But whatever it was that he just said, Addison started to talk, saying exactly what she said to me that night.

"We're from different side. Our people, our parents, our friends-- everyone we know is against us, trying to tear us apart from each other. But the fates, the fates! They knew that we were meant to be, to be together and to fall in love. I will always stand by your side, always fight to be yours, no matter what happens."