Chapter 20 'Strange Activity'

Xavier's P.O.V.

    "I'll be quick," I promised Addison. "Maybe try and stay away from Cecelia, who knows what other crazy story she has."

I wouldn't be surprised if my sister was putting together a slideshow of my most embarrassing moments to show Addie. She always said that she would once I finally found my mate, and now all I could do is just hope and pray that she forget about that.

     "Like she won't hunt me down as soon as she senses that I'm alone," Addie rolled her eyes.

Good point, I grimace in my mind. My sister was definitely going to humiliate me one way or another.

'Please try and keep Cecelia from embarrassing me too much' I mind linked to Hunter who was no doubt already helping my sister prepare a slideshow with my most embarrassing moments.

'No offence, Alpha, but I'm more afraid of your sister than I am of you' came Hunter's instant reply through the mind link. 'But I promise that I'll try my best to limit the embarrassment.'

Hunter may look tall and scary from the outside, and he may be my best tracker, but that man folds in half for his mate.

I shot Addie one last smile before turning on my heel and following after my grandpa who was already walking down the hallway and more than likely towards my dad's office.

Technically, Mr. Thomas wasn't actually my grandpa buy blood, but he was the closest thing I had to one.

Mr. Thomas has been a part of the pack and my family for longer than I've been alive. He's one of the people that helped to train me to take over the pack one day.

"She's pretty," Grandpa commented as we turned a corner. "She reminds me of someone that I used to know when I was your age."

"Yeah," I responded lazily, the image of Addison running through my mind.

Ever since the incident at Addie's house, I've been wanting to tell her about werewolves, about me; about how we're soulmates and that I love her already. Although Cece still thinks that I should wait, claiming that I'll come off crazy.

My wolf, on the other hand, wants to tell Addison right now, so that we can officially Mark and mate her. And honestly, I'm on his side.

"You're distracted." my grandpa's comment, cut through the air and knocked me out of my own mind.

"Sorry," I replied, sheepishly. "Ryder is filling my mind with thoughts of Addison."

"Young love," Grandpa said. "I guess that this would happen sooner or later, although I do hope that your mind is focused enough right now to talk about the pack?"

"Of course," I assured him. "I'm all yours, I promise."

Grandpa hold open the door to my dad's office and nodded for me to go in first. Despite being a highly respected and honoured pack elder, he still insisted on following old, I will data traditions of allowing the pack alpha to enter a room first.

I learned a long time ago that there was no use arguing with him about it, some habits just never leave.

"Take a seat, Grandpa." I pulled out the closest chair to him. " I know that your hip has been bothering you more than usual lately."