Chapter 24 'The Truth'

Xavier's P.OV.

     "You're my soulmate, Addison."

      Four simple words that I was starting to think that I would never say. 

     Since the very first day that I met Addison and knew that she was my mate, my other half, all I've wanted to do is tell her. But now, now that I've finally told her the truth, all that I want to do is run. 

     I'm an Alpha. I have Alpha blood flowing through my veins. I'm strong and brave and have ripped apart rouge wolves with my bare hands, not even flinching when the blood spattered across my face. 

     But right now I don't feel like an Alpha. I feel nervous. Scared.

     "Ow."

      Addison pinching herself is what snapped me back to reality. My mate, my other half, was repeatedly pinching herself on her arm over and over again. Why? I have no clue.

     "What are you doing, Addie?" I asked her, managing to finally push Ryder back enough so that he wouldn't fully shift anymore. 

     "I'm trying to see if this is all just one, big, insane dream," she said. "But I'm not waking up."

     "Trust me," I started. "If I could take away all of this craziness and replace it with something better, then I would."

     "How were you going to do it?" Addie asked me.

     "Do what?"

     "You said that this wasn't how you wanted to tell me about," she waved one hand around widely in the air. "This. How were you going to do it?"

     I smiled softly at this and scooted my chair a few inches closer to her. "I had this whole, elaborate thing planned out."

     "By yourself?" Addie raised a knowing eyebrow at me.

     "Ok, ok, so Cecelia, Ivy, and Audrey helped me to plan this whole, elaborate thing out," I corrected myself.

     "That sounds better," she laughed. 

     God, her laugh was like music to my ears. It was just so beautiful and magical. 

     "There's this small, little picnic ground out by the creek that not a lot of people know about, it's a little overgrown, but it's one of my favourite places," I explained. 

     "Sounds promising so far."

     "The girls were going to help me decorate the whole place with these little fairy lights and set up one of the picnic tables to be all fancy with some table clothes and candles," I went on. "Brad even offered to dress up in a tux and be our server for the night also."