Chapter 11 'The Moon Goddess as Our Witness'

"Maybe I should text Ivy and see what she and Grayson are up to," I suggested for what felt like the hundredth time today.

     "It's fine," Xavie waved me off. "I took Mr. Hanson's English class last semester and we did Romeo and Juliet also. I'm basically a pro."

     "Yeah, but who's going to do the other two speaking parts?" I raised one of my eyebrows at him.

     We were both still in my bedroom, me sitting criss-cross-apple-sauce on my bed surrounded by a few scrapbooks and photo albums that  I hadn't put away yet, and Xavier was on the floor.

     Yup, the floor. Xavier was currently lying on my bedroom floor half underneath my desk because he insisted on tightening all the screws in it. I swear that he could have fainted when I told him that I didn't check any of the screws or bolts on my desk.

     "Were you planning on doing the other two parts with Andrew?" I could feel Xavier rolling his eyes at me.

     "We were just going to work on the vows part," I admitted to him. "We're both struggling to remember the lines and Mr. Hanson wants us to put more emotion into our lines also."

     Xavier pushed himself out from underneath my desk at lightning speed. "He's making you guys use emotion?" He asked surprised. 

     "Yeah. . ." I trailed off completely confused by his reaction. "I mean, it is a play, why wouldn't we say our lines with emotion?"

     Xavier stood up straight, dropping the screwdriver he found somewhere in my house onto my newly tighten desk. "It's just that Mr. Hanson didn't make us do ours with any emotion."

     "Well, I guess he changed his criteria for this semester," I shrugged. "I can just text Ivy and set up a day to go over lines with her and the rest of our group," I said giving him an easy out."

     "No," Xavier instead. "No, it's fine, I was just surprised."

     Xavier took a few steps forward and motioned for me to stand up as well, "ready to get married, Juliet?"

     I laughed lightly at his comment but nonetheless took his outstretched hand to help me stand up off of my bed. "I thought you'd never ask, Romeo," I teased right back.

     "Do you need me to grab the script?" I asked jerking my head at my backpack laying on the floor near my closet. 

     "Nah," he shook his head quickly. "I remember the lines."

     "You did the wedding scene also?" I tilted my head to the side in confusion. "I thought I remembered Brad mentioned that you two did the death scenes?"

     "Hmm?" Xavier looked at me. "What? Oh, no I didn't. I did the wedding one also, he's probably getting me and Grayson confused because Gray did the death scene."