Chapter 22 'Real Life Werewolves'

"Xavier is going to kill me." Ivy kept on groaning repeatedly as she pulled me into the kitchen and, thankfully, far, far, away from the front door.

     I wordlessly let Ivy pull me along, way too stunned and confused by what had just happened.

      Whatever it was that had just happened. It looked like something out of an awful remade Twilight movie.

     "Do you want some water?" Ivy asked me through a deep sigh, directing me towards the kitchen table. "It'll help you calm down."

     I still couldn't find my voice, instead, I just gave Ivy a wide, blank stare that I'm hoping conveyed my complete and utter confusion.

     Ivy either couldn't read my expression or simply choose to ignore me, either way, she didn't say anything else and just pushed a full glass of water towards me.

     The whole kitchen was a mess. It honestly looked like everyone who was in here left in a rush, I'm assuming because of whatever the hell is happening outside.

     I opened my mouth to ask Ivy what in the world was happening, but she held up one finger to silence me.

     "Drink some water first please."

    I could just tell that this was a losing argument right now, so I reluctantly took a sip of water before opening my mouth again. 

     "What--"

     "Addison!" My name was shouted through the house followed by the sound of footsteps running this way.

     Great. Just great. Why was everyone always shouting out my name right when I was about to say something?

     "Addison!" Xavier yelled again as soon as he slid into the kitchen doorway, both Grayson and Brad were hot on his heels.

     "Oh thank god," Xavier sighed out as soon as his eyes locked on mine. He took a few giant steps towards me before wrapping me up in an absolutely bone-crushing hug that completely lifted me off of my feet. My head was pushed into the crook of his neck, and Xavier's fingers were lightly stroking up and down my back. "I'm so glad that you're ok. I was so, so worried that you were going to get hurt, thank god that Ivy was able to pull you back and that those warriors got there to protect you when they did."

     I was able to lift my head up just enough from Xavier's shoulder to glance over at everyone else in the kitchen. 

     They were all just standing around the kitchen island talking. Talking like nothing at all had just happened!

     I used every last ounce of my strength to push Xavier away from me, "Stop!"

     I held both of my arms out in front of me, creating a sort of make-shirt barrier around myself to keep anyone else from coming closer. "Someone needs to tell me what in the world just happened," I demanded.