Percabeth

Percy POV

I was walking home from swim practice with my friends Zach, Anderson and Isaac when I got a call from my stepfather, Paul. "Hey, Paul, want's-"

"Percy, you need to get home now." I immediately tensed up, this wasn't the 'You-need-to-get-home-now-because-you're-in-trouble' tone, this was the 'get-home-because-something-has-happened' tone.

"What happened? Are you and Mom ok? Is it-"

"Percy, it's Annbeth-" he didn't get a chance to finish, because I had hung up my phone- completely and totally monster (and water) proof. I took off, leaving my friends to scramble behind me. running from monsters does have its perks sometimes.

I arrived at our apartment building in record time, and made it up the stairs before my friends were at the building. I knocked once, figuring the hassle of messing with my keys would take to long, and the door flew open. "My friends are behind me. Where's Annabeth?" I asked in a rush. My mom pointed at my closed bedroom door. I darted to my door, and knocked nervously on the door "Wisegirl? Are you ok?" All I got back were sobs and a 'Go away!

"Annabeth, I'm coming in, and we're going to work this out together. Ok?" I took her lack of response as consent to come in. Slowly I opened the door and surveyed the state of the love of my life. She was curled up on my bed, her face buried in my pillow. She was covered in scars that came from a lifetime of being a demigod, as well as fresh cuts and bruises, presumably from her trip here.

I walked over to her and sat down, pulling her into my lap carefully. "Now, why don't you tell me what's wrong. You're not one to cry over cuts and bruises, so something else is wrong." I said, reaching over to get the first aid kit I kept in my bedside table. I to the worse first, cleaning a gash along her abdomen and wrapping a bandage around it. She was gonna have to heal the old-fashioned way, since I had run out of Ambrosia after a run in with several monsters. I promised myself to get more later.

She shook her head and sobbed louder. "You'll hate me if I tell you. You'll leave me." She choked out and hugged me tighter.

At this, I gently took her face in my hands and made her look at me. "Annabeth Chase Jackson, I could never hate you for anything, and would never leave you. I fell into hell with you to avoid doing that. I chased you across the country with a group of man-hating girls to save you, and would do it again. You're the only thing I remembered when I lost my memories. You are the love of my life, please just, tell me."

She took some deep breaths and managed a small whisper. "I'm pregnant." Immediately, I was overcome with joy. A little child that's Annabeth's and mine. I started picturing boys with curly blond hair, green eyes and girls with messy black hair and grey eyes. And then girls with curly blond hair and green eyes and boys with messy black hair and green eyes.

"That's wonderful!" Then I looked down at Annabeth, who didn't seem so happy. "But something happened, didn't it?" I said.

She nodded and a fresh wave of tears started. "I was coming here from camp to tell you, when I was jumped by 3 cyclopes. I killed them, but not before they hit me a few times... in the stomach. So I don't know whether or not it survived because they hit me with their clubs and-"

"Wisegirl, I think I can fix it. Apollo! I need your help!" I called up to my roof. A few seconds later, the god himself showed up in a flash of light. I guess he had known what happened, because without asking, he went over to Annabeth, and ran two glowing hands over her bruised and bloodied abdomen.

He looked up with a grin. "Your child is fine, now. It was wounded, but I simply sped up the cell growth, which made the healing process much faster. One side effect, though. This sped up the growth process, so your pregnancy will be much shorter than a normal pregnancy, by about 2-3 months. But he or she will grow normally after birth." He said.

Relief flooded through me. I looked down at my Wisegirl to see my emotions reflected back in her eyes. I looked up at the god, "Thank you. You don't know how much this means to us." I said, hugging Annabeth close. "Oh, um, you wouldn't happen to have any spare ambrosia on hand, would you?" I asked, remember my earlier self-promise.

"Yeah, but don't give any to her. That really could kill the child, make it burn up in the womb. NO ambrosia until after birth." He said sternly, handing me a large bag full of the healing squares. I nodded in understanding. "Oh, and go see Will every few weeks to get a check up, ultra-sounds and such. You also need those in closer increments due to the side effect. Oh, and Olympus is very happy!" He said and disappeared.

That's when I realized my friends were in my apartment still, and my mom and Paul didn't know. Luckily, I had closed the door, so they didn't see anything. "Ready to face a crowd?" I asked.

"Yep! 5 drachmas says Mom called other demigods when Paul called you!" She said, her old self having returned with the news that our child is ok. My mom had asked Annabeth to call her 'Mom' instead of 'Sally' when we got engaged.

"You're on! I said. I stood up, her still in my arms, and carried her bridal style to my living room, where we found 13 pairs of eyes looking at us. "Crap! You were right! I owe you 5 dr... dollars now!" I said, remembering the mortals in the room. Along with Isaac, Zach and Anderson, Frank, Hazel, Jason, Piper, Leo, Calypso, Thalia, and Grover were sitting in our living room. "How'd you guys get here so fast?" I asked, walking over to sit next to Paul on the couch.

"Thalia's least favorite mode of travel, provided by Blackjack and Festus." Leo said.

"Sally called us and told us something had happened, but she didn't know what." Piper said.

I looked at Annabeth and she nodded, and stood up. She took another deep breath. "I'm pregnant. But I had been mugged. I was hit multiple times in the abdomen and I didn't know how Seaweed Brain was going to take the news, so I was distraught. The baby is ok, Dr. Sun made sure of that." Our news shocked those around us, and then our demigod friends and my parents exploded into congratulations , claps on the back, hugs and my mom was crying. She pulled us into a big hug and cried into my shoulder, happy tears, she hurriedly assured.

"We're celebrating!" Calypso announced. and everyone started conferring about what to do. I leaned back, happy to let my family choose.

I had almost forgotten my friend where there until Isaac pulled me into the kitchen. "We need to talk." He said. I nodded and waited for them to talk. "Dude, do you know what you're getting yourself into?"

"You know you're gonna have to marry her now, right? Are you sure you want to do that in high school? Are you sure she's the one?" Anderson fired off.

I started laughing, and didn't stop until everyone had heard and were crowding into my kitchen. "H-he *laugh* ju-just *laugh*" I couldn't get the sentence out, so I motioned for Anderson to repeat what he'd asked. He did, and soon everyone was laughing. Finally I calmed down enough to speak. "No, I don't have to marry her now, because I married her last year. On the day after my 18th birthday. And, yeah, she's definitely the one for me. And now I'm gonna have a little boy or girl. And believe me, I knew what I was getting into when she kissed me on my 16th birthday. I've known her, and we've been best friends since we were twelve. I'd do anything for my Wisegirl."

"Oh, um, then... congratulations?" Zach said. It was more of a question than a statement, but I clapped him on the shoulder and we all went back to the living room. They resumed their planning, and Annabeth and I just cuddled together, watching the chaos of our family.