Percabeth- Daniel Chase

This is another one of Shinny-star's requests. I took it a different way than I originally wrote, so I hope you like it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daniel POV

Hey, my name is Dan. Right now I’m on my way to some boring-ass family reunion. My only hope is that my step-uncle has a daughter around my age (19). I was told that she was in a relationship, but I don’t think they’ll last. What teenage relationship lasts?

We had arrived at some field out in the country. It looked like a lot of thought and work had gone into this. The grass was mowed, there were several tents set up with buffets of different cuisines in each tent. There were about 50 tables right next to a dance floor with a DJ and a stage.

We parked in the section that was marked off for parking. We were all hungry, so we all walked over to a tent. On each tent there was a map of all of the tents and said what was served there. My sister, Kaitlyn, and I went to the Italian tent, while my parents went to the Hibachi. In our tent, I saw a gorgeous girl. She had blond princess curls, stormy grey eyes and a fantastic tan. She was wearing a grey blouse, white shorts and silvery flats. The oddest part of her outfit was a necklace with about 10 beads. She was also holding a baby about 2 years old with a mop of black hair and grey eyes. I dismissed the child as her sister.

I walked up to her and said, “Hey, I’m Dan. Who are you?” “I’m Annabeth Jackson.” Probably a distant cousin. There was an awkward silence, so I decided to start talking about how she was related to me. “So, how are you a Chase?” “Oh, my dad is Frederick Chase. What about you?” “My step-dad is Jonathan, Frederick’s brother. I didn’t know Helen had a daughter.” She stiffened. “Helen isn’t my mother. She’s my step-mother.” “But, my step-dad told me Helen was Frederick’s first wife. How did you happen?” She turned to me and glared. Damn she was a scary person, almost like she could incinerate me in one second. “My mother and father were never married. And as soon as I was born, she had to leave me. Those are the rules.” Oh… “Sooo… Your sister is so cute. She looks a lot like you. I’m guessing you look more like your dad than your mom.” “Nope, actually, I look like a carbon copy of my mother. This is my daughter. Everyone assumes that she is my sister, and I know why. I look like I’m 16, but I’m actually 19. I was married at 17, not because I was pregnant, and my husband is in the pizza tent with our son right now. So if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to check on them.” She walked off rather briskly.

~~~~~~~Time Skip: 30 min~~~~~~~

Everyone had finally gotten there and was sitting down eating. I was wedged between my step aunt Grace and great aunt Cherry. Great old ladies. Suddenly, a woman walked in and drew the attention of everyone. At first I thought it was Annabeth, but then realized she was slightly older. “MOM?!” I looked over, and there was Annabeth. A man with black hair and sea green eyes was cowering behind her. I thought Annabeth’s mother left her.  “Hello, dear. You have been ordered to tell them by your grandfather. I also have to stay to make sure you tell them everything you need to. Perseus, stop cowering behind my daughter and bring my grandchildren to me.” ‘Perseus’ quickly walked over with 1 black haired child with grey eyes, and one child with curly blond hair with sea green eyes. The boy was the blonde, and MUCH older than the black-haired girl. When he straightened up he mumbled, “Yes, m’lady.” What? why did he call her m’lady? I thought Annabeth was abandoned and never knew her mother.

Annabeth sighed, “Mother, must you torment him? You know he loves me and never hurt me. You said it himself, his fatal flaw is loyalty! He won’t betray any of us!” She turned to us, “You’re probably wondering what is going on. Dad, shut your mouth. You know what she’s talking about, and you’ve seen her before. Obviously or else I wouldn’t be here. Anyway, this is my mother, Athena. Yes, the goddess. You all know me as Annabeth Chase, daughter of Frederick Chase, and some lady that abandoned me. My real identity is Annabeth Jackson, daughter of Athena, retriever of Zeus’ Lightning bolt and Hades’ Helm, survivor of the Sea of Monsters, retriever of the Golden Fleece, bearer of the Sky, survivor of the Labyrinth, one of the seven, bearer of the Mark of Athena, survivor of Tartarus, defeater of Gaea, wife of Percy Jackson, mother of Zoe and Charles Jackson, goddess of architecture and bravery, and I am the princess of the sea.” “Now it’s your turn Perseus. You must say your full title, no argument.” Athena said.

Perseus groaned, “Fine. My name is Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, defeater of the minotaur, furies, and Ares, retriever of Hades Helm and Zeus’ bolt, survivor of the Sea of Monsters, retriever of the Golden Fleece, bearer of the Sky, only male Artemis approves of, survivor of the Labyrinth, defeater of Kronos, retriever of the Golden Eagle of the Legion, one of the seven, survivor of Tartarus, defeater of Gaea, husband of Annabeth Chase, father of Zoe and Charles Jackson, god of loyalty, swordsmanship and waves, and I am the prince of the sea.” “Good, now, just to let you know, you will be made major gods in 20 minutes. Alright! Ciao!”

The second she left, there was absolute chaos. Everyone was flocking towards the Jacksons to ask questions, who were trying to get out, but couldn’t because of all of the mortals around. They looked very frustrated, and finally, Annabeth said, “Ok, we will answer your questions, but right now we need to go. Can you please close your eyes and back away. We did as she asked, and when we opened our eyes again, they gone.

They never kept their promise, because we never saw them again. But that’s ok. On the way home from that family reunion, I met my now-wife. Looking back, I was glad I went to that reunion.