Closure

The beginning of the end. This is the first of 4 (I know I said 5 on the last but I'm kinda iffy on my last idea) That I will write

Reminder: I will still post other people's stories, I just can't take the time to write my own. 

I really do love y'all and thank every damn one of you for ever reading my stories. 

~~~

Reyna's POV

I have the absolute worse luck with guys.

Y'know, I really thought Percy and I really had something going. Of course, in the back of my mind, I always remembered Annabeth. I mean, c'mon, they were lovey dovey when they came to Circe's island. 5 years later and she's the only one he remembers. 

I think Jason would have been mine if Juno hadn't stolen him away and sent him to the Greeks. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's happy. That's all I've ever really wanted for him. Well, maybe for that happiness to be with me while we ruled New Rome together, but that's a different story. 

I've found myself attracted to guys since and before, but I always  seem to scare them away. The Venus kids say that I intimidate them with my "authoritative aura" and my "scary as hell metal dogs". Whatever that means. 

Not to mention that I was told that my love wasn't going to come from my world. He was mortal. 

Besides the fact that I hadn't ever really interacted well with a mortal, it also meant that I would have to live my life in that world. Which meant giving up my position, my life, my dogs and maybe even my friends. Who knows if they would be willing to visit me? Was I really willing to do that because of a guy

Maybe. 

~~~~

Years pass and I end up attending a mortal college, the gods wanting us to get away from demigod life and whatnot. I split half my time between camp and mortal life, switching with Frank when we have too. I even have a long standing boyfriend, Jaune. 

Jaune is sweet, but strong. Somewhat intelligent and has a fighter's heart. His blond hair and blue eyes forewarn of his innocent and shy personality. He can be a bit of a klutz, but luckily he hasn't stumbled upon anything of... godly importance. 

He is mortal, but he can see through the Mist. So instead of my plan of simply making my weapons and favorite things seem like normal objects like lamps, I've had to be a bit more crafty. There are floorboards that are loose in our old apartment, perfect for storing weapons. But the only reason I found these hideaways is because Jaune tripped and uncovered one back when we first moved in. So I'm always slightly on edge when he falls, just in case he finds something he shouldn't. 

And I know what you're thinking: 'You should just tell him! I don't see why you're not!" Because when I tell him, I'm also going to have to be faced with the choice between him and my demigod life. And yes, I can always return to New Rome. I will always have to return to New Rome. That's where my doctor's office is, for Zeus's sake. But every time I go, I'm going to remember that he can't come. He'll never be able to see my true home. 

True, I'll never miss the Augur's constant prophecies and self pride, or going to the temple of a mother who never responds. 

But I would miss being Praetor. Something I've always been able to pride myself on is being a good and sensible leader, and abandoning that position for something I deem less important in the grand scheme of my life... I would regret it forever. 

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as telling him that we're over. I have fallen quite in love with him, and it physically hurts me when I think of my life away from him. And what's worse? He loves me too. My own pain, I can deal with. Causing that kind of pain on him? I'd rather feed myself to a Chimera.