Classroom Chaos

Annabeth POV

Today started off bad and just seemed to get worse the longer it lasted. So when the Chimera and Hydra burst into my chemistry classroom, it wasn't even a surprise. 

Well, for me at least. 

My classmates were freaking out. The Mist had  fallen a while ago, but few had ever actually seen any monsters. Oh, and they didn't know who I was. 

But the monsters did. They spotted me and their faces took on sinister grins. Storming toward me, they shoved any straggling students, forcing them to stumble or slam into the wall. 

"Glad to see you two back from Hell. I was starting to think you were too embarrassed to show your face after a 12 year old beat you." I taunted, inching my right hand closer to the edge of my skirt, under which there was a thigh holster for my dagger, my left pushing the device Leo had devised for Perce and me for when we were in trouble. It would signal the other to come help.

The Chimera roared and charged. I quickly grabbed my dagger and got into a defensive stance. As the monster neared, I spun away, grazing my blade across its hind. Most monsters I could take without Percy, but Chimeras and Hydras were different. 

It let out a roar of pain, and spun to send fire shooting at me. But before it could get near me, a wall of water quenched it. Soon I felt another warm body stand back to back with me, facing the pacing Hydra. 

"We can't go a month without seeing a dozen monsters can we, Wisegirl?" He joked. 

"A dozen? There's only two." I shot back. 

"Nope. I brought about 3 Hellhounds, 4 Telekhines, and 3 Cyclopes with me from Marine Biology." 

"Fuck." That's when all hell broke loose... again. 

Every monster charged at once. Percy and I leapt into action, stabbing, rolling, and countering attacks. We made sure nothing stabbed the other in the back, and soon the only thing left was the Hydra, but now with 8 heads. "Seaweed Brain, did you cut off the head a few times?" I asked through deep breaths. 

"Oops?"

The beast started pacing in a circle around us, and we followed, our blades pointed at it. 

"So," Percy started in a casual tone, "I have a pretty important question to ask you." 

"Now's really not the time." 

He ignored me. "Will you marry me?"

"What?" He had shocked me so much, I froze, my dagger dropping to my side, just as the monster was charging.

His face morphed into terror, "Annabeth!" He shouted, tackling the both of us away from the charging heads. Unfortunately, he didn't escape completely unscathed. His foot was caught in the mouth of the beast and its sharp teeth dragged through it. 

His face distorted into an expression of agony. "Seaweed Brain!"

"I'll be okay. But we have to figure out how to kill this thing without fire." He said through gritted teeth while I dragged him closer to the water fountain my classmates had cowered around. 

"Why don't you just implode it. Like in that Hercules movie?" One of them offered. 

I winced at the mention of the inaccurate Disney film. "How? I don't have any Greek fire or, you know, a bomb!" I snapped. 

"You're in a chemistry lab. We have chemicals every where, certainly the ones to mix up a Molotov Cocktail," Another said in a duh tone. 

I stopped. They were right. "You, you and you," I pointed at three of my smarter class mates. "go into the chemical closet and mix as many as you can until someone pounds on the door. I'll buy you time." They followed my direction and scurried to the closet. 

I defended myself and distracted the monster for as long as I could, shouting taunts, blinding, and just general dodging. However, there was little I could do with a dagger and I didn't want to risk getting close to the group again to grab Anasklusmos

But finally, I was getting too tired to keep it up. "Pound on the door now!" I screamed. Seconds later, the small group burst out, wielding several chemical bombs and started chucking them at the body of the beast. Enough hit their mark, and soon it was up in flames, releasing a dying screech before disintegrating into a pile of slightly scorched golden dust. 

Breathing heavy, I went over to my classmates and Percy. "Thank you. I don't think I would have been able to defeat that if it weren't for that idea. No matter what it was based on." 

"Wisegirl." I turned around to see Percy standing up, his foot nearly completely healed. 

"You dumbass!" I slapped his arm. "Why in Hades would you ask me something like that when we were fighting a monster like that? We could've both been killed!" 

"Are you going to answer the question or not, Annabeth? Will," He stepped closer. "you" He was right in front of me, "marry me?" He got down on one knee and pulled out a box with a ring.

"Gods- Yes! Yes I will marry you you absolute Seaweed Brain." He got up and hugged me, while placing a platinum band with an emerald flanked by diamonds on my left ring finger. 

"I love you." He kissed my forehead and mumbled that phrase into it over and over. 

"I love you too Perce. I love you too." 

~~

I honestly don't know how many chapters there are going to be  now. Idk, this might be the last. I kinda like ending it with a proposal and the ship I started with. What do y'all think? 

Toodles!