candle × reader

Comfort (+a bit of fluff at the end)
-------------

Things were getting pretty rough for (o/n)..they weren't at the best of times and the show's stress didn't make it any better. If anything, they were getting worse from being so anxious about losing and scared of their teammates. They didn't want to be a dissapointment..

while mePhone was getting upgrades for himself, the challenges paused for a while. You found it hard to keep yourself busy. The challenges usually occupied your mind but now that there was nothing to do you were lost.

Your brain flooded with thoughts that you've had bottled up and your mind wasn't at its best time right now.

Your deadpan face stared into the abyss, lost in thought....you sensed someone stand next to you slowly casting their shadow above you..

You look up to see candle, the most peaceful team member you have.

You felt relieved to see her to say the least..

"May I? " She asks. Her voice soothed you everytime she spoke..you stared at her in a trance.
She didn't seem to mind and shifted a bit, causing you to snap out of it.

"Oh, I'm sorry- what?" You mentally face palmed your head. What did she say again? Your voice came out croaky from the bare usage of it.

Candle let out a slight smile and spoke again. "May I accompany you? If you don't mind.."

You nod slightly and looked away partially from embarrassment but also to look at the view again.

It was silent for a few seconds until you decided to speak up. "Im- sorry if I'm bothering you. You probably wanted to look at the view anyways so I'll get going!" You started getting up until a hand tugged yours. You stopped and looked to see candle holding on to you with a saddened expression. Your face felt flushed from the physical contact.

"No its quite the opposite, I came here to converse with you." She explains. You sat back down avoiding eye contact but still listening.

"I've noticed that you weren't feeling..'alright' for the past for days...is something bothering you?" Candle was concerned. No one asked this question to you..somethings clicked and your eyes started to blur. It became watery but you could still hold the tears.

Everyone else never noticed you in pain and the sudden recognition was uncalled for but needed dearly. Your breathing quickened and you started to hiccup quietly.

"It's alright if you're not ready to tell..just know that I'm here if you want to talk.." candle pulled you closer into a hug. You eyes couldn't keep up and you burst into silent tears. You cried and let it out while one hand was clutching onto candle, and the other intertwined with hers.

Candle's free hand rubbed your back soothingly as she allowed you to let it all out.

"Shh.. it'll all be alright...I'm sorry you had to keep it all in you poor thing.." She cooed and whispered affirmations to you. "If you ever feel trapped again, you could always come to me okay? I'll be there for you.." Her hand intertwined with yours..she rubbed her thumb in a certain motion to calm your breathing.

The two of you sat there in silence..candle Whispering calming sounds and you finally releasing your pain..

After your breathing turned normal again, candle pulled you away and looked at your eyes with sympathy and such sweetness. She took both her hands and cupped your face wiping your tears away and rubbing your cheeks soothingly.

You soon fell into it and grew sleepy-er by time. Today had worn you out and you grew tired.

A small peck was felt on your forehead. You realise that candle had kissed you! Suddenly wide awake you look at her to see her laughing with her mouth closed. Your face blushed and you started to look around frantically.

"Hmhmhm..come now..today has been a long day. Let us go home and rest.." candle scooped you up and walked the two of you back to the hotel. But your tired and flustered mind fell fast asleep in her arms..

--------------

Requested by: no one I was just sad DX

We need some candle love and also more candle because yes💕