•INVESTIGATION•

Melissa passed all the information she got directly to the Detective working on the case and to Zachary. It was Detective Mike, who specialized in abandoned, murdered, and missing children's cases.

"So he admitted openly that his mother was a street worker?" Detective Mike asked Melissa.

"Yeah"

"Several witness and anonymous tip came forward, they said the motel was located in a secluded area but didn't mention specifically"

"Well, I can't guess either" Melissa shrugged.

"Yeah apparently it was in a motel called Chelsea. We've checked the CCTV captured the very same woman who put him inside the suitcase, was also present there. He was drugged first by the woman, perhaps he was given a candy or a sweet drink containing moderate amount of substance that could knock him unconscious then CCTV captured her carried him inside her car and drove off. She ended up putting him inside that suitcase before drove off.."

"Did you track down his mother?" Melissa questioned the detectives since the mother sounded neglectful. Had she didn't brought her son to such a precarious place, this would never have happened.

"Yeah, she was in jail now. she stabbed her client, happened at the same night" Detective Mike replied as he showed the printed mugshot of the boy's mother, young beauty blondie with sparkling blue eyes as well.

Melissa gasped in shock as soon as she sees the picture of how much the boy resembles his biological mother and the fact that this innocent sweet looking woman had stabbed someone.

"What kind of mother was that?!" She complained.

"She got fifteen years behind bars for the attempted murder, luckily the victim survived. And once that boy was discharged, we'll put him in-"

"I'll adopt him, Detective" Melissa stated firmly.

"I see. as a child psychologist yourself, you should give him mental therapy, he's been through a lot of trauma"

"I am aware of that. Now please excuse me I have to visit him"  Melissa stood up, turned around, leaving Detective Mike's room. She meets Zachary on her way out of the police station; the two smiled briefly at each other before Melissa hopped into her black minivan and drove off.

She will prepare all the necessary legal documents to fight for that boy's custody since it seemed like his only biological family member was his mother.

20 minutes later

Melissa made it to the Hospital, she entered the room. The doctor was there examining him alongside two female nurses.

5 minutes later

"Are you his guardian? We didn't get much personal data about him" the doctor approached Melissa.

"Yes. I'll adopt him soon and as of right now I'm his guardian" she stated.

"Alright. where's his relatives or family? Have you informed them?"

"The police are still working on that. How's his conditions so far?"

"He's alright thankfully. He would be discharged within two or three days"

Melissa sighed in relief.

"Excuse us now"  The doctor said, Melissa nodded in respond. He alongside both nurses, exited the room.

"Hey, how are you today?" Melissa quickly approached him as she sat next to him.

"Good"

"Now, tell me your name, please?" Melissa begged.

"I'm Charlie" He replied.

"Beautiful name. Do you remember where are you originally from?"

"I don't know, I moved a lot"

"How many states or city have you moved into?"

"I don't remember but I lived in Oklahoma for three years" He replied as his oceanic blue eyes glanced at Melissa for a few seconds.

"Okay. then your mother and you moved to Florida?"

Charlie nodded in respond.

"I have a good news for you.." Melissa announced as she smiled immensely.

"What is it?"

"Well, once you're discharged from the hospital, you'll be living with me"

"Really?" His pupil widened as his big blue eye orbs twinkled in excitement.

"Of course. I'll make sure you grow up in a healthy environment..!" Melissa exclaimed.

Charlie chuckled as he sounded pleased with Melissa's decision to legally adopt him. It seems like he's the tough type; he didn't seem to display much of emotional distress or trauma despite what he's been through, or perhaps his memory faded due to the drugs he had been given by the irresponsible neglectful adult around him.