•SOMETHING IS OFF III•

Charlie started to go on with the tunes with his medium pitched child-like voices, as he could no longer stay silent, whereas Melissa only smiled warmly. He was a normal little boy after all; perhaps he's dealing with his past in his own unique way.

********************

Melissa sat on the living room couch watching TV, whereas Charlie enjoyed his lunch on the dining table. Her phone vibrated, and there was one text message from Zachary. Melissa quickly opened up his text.

"Well he was very intimidating to say the least. You have to keep an eye on him"

Melissa type....

"I'm aware where he comes from, I'll start a therapy for him"

SENT.

"Hey" Charlie's sudden presence from behind the couch startled Melissa; she spontaneously put her phone inside her slacks pocket.

"Hey, how was the steak?"

"I love it" Charlie then sat next to her, abruptly, making her uneasy.

"I want a haircut..my bangs is too long already" Charlie said.

"Well, okay" Melissa gulped her, spat, her phone then vibrated again; somehow she didn't have the courage to pull her phone outta her slacks pocket.

"Do you have games on your phone?" Charlie asked as he pulled himself closer to Melissa.

"Why would I have games on my phone?"

"For me" Charlie replied.

"No" Melissa gave Charlie a stern look; she sensed he asked not because of a game; rather because he was curious that her phone had vibrated earlier.

"Are you mad at me?" Charlie asked, he seemed casual.

"No. It's just, I'm tired of work today" Melissa created an excuse.

"Mmmm okay" Charlie then stood up, pocketed his hands, and whistled as he headed inside the hallway.

Melissa turned her head towards the back to make sure that Charlie wasn't lurking around, before she pulled her phone out to check on Zachary's text.

"Listen, I once arrested a child like him for murder back in Fort Lauderdale. I really want you to be careful. He seemed like no ordinary kid, he was intimidating and threatening when I interviewed him"

Melissa gulped her spat as her heart pounded relentlessly. She turned her phone off and went straight to her room; she then locked it. She is now scared of Charlie; however she tried to think objectively. He's just a kid; he was a victim of drug abuse and negligence, with the right mental therapy, he would be alright.

Dinner time

"Charlie! Dinner's ready honey!"

"Coming" Charlie yelled, he exited his room and descended the stairs in rush.

The two then had their dinner together.

"I want to play a game.." Charlie said.

"What is it?"

"Hide and seek. Please.. I don't have any playmate" Charlie pleaded as his blue orbs glistened like a sad puppy.

Melissa sighed, "Okay. After you wash the dishes"

"Fine" Charlie smirked.

After dinner

Melissa exited the kitchen; she then went straight to the living room to watch some news while waiting for Charlie to finish his task. From the living room she could hear him humming along, mixed with the sound of the splashing water from the faucet.

10 minutes later

"I'm done" Charlie's sudden presence was no longer shocking to Melissa as he always stood up precisely behind her on the couch.

"Okay, you count to fifty and I will hide" Melissa stood up as she turned off the TV.

"Fine" Charlie smirked.

Charlie made his way to the wall, then put his arms up and bent his elbow, shut his eyes down, and started to count.

"Do not cheat! I'm hiding!" Melissa said, Charlie didn't respond as he continued to count with both eyes shut.

Melissa then hid in the storage room, filled with dust and memories.

30 minutes later

"Ready or not I'm coming..!" Charlie's voice echoed.

Melissa smiled as she was sure he wouldn't catch her. Instead, she plotted her escape to be the winner before Charlie spotted him.