•EPILOGUE•

10 months after the disaster...

Narrator POV

The allegedly insane woman who put Charlie inside a suitcase was found dead after she took her own life by jumping off of a bridge. She was identified as 47 years old Ursula Higgins, she had a long run with the law including violating her probation and child kidnapping.

Melissa's POV

I stood up on the dock, next to Zach. We planned to sail on Mark's boat but unfortunately, the weather made it impossible due to the strong wind that could possibly lead to a disaster. The best I could do was to watch the beautiful sea from afar alongside Zach.

I'm no longer haunted by him. I didn't want to mention his name, though. I received mental therapy every single day for 6 months straight and my therapist gave me a prescription to help me sleep and fight my anxiety. I still saw him and felt his presence lurking behind me, though, what matters the most is I can handle myself when that thought comes back. I won't let it haunt me furthermore.

The breeze blows our hair...

"Let's get back to your car and get some lunch" Zachary said.

I sighed, "Okay"

Both of us walked away, leaving the harbor and made our way back to Zach's car, where we would have a long car trip on the road while hunting for food...