•ADOPTION•

3 days later

Charlie was finally discharged from the Hospital and now, he was under Melissa's care as she successfully adopted him legally. Charlie's biological mother was behind bar, whereas the woman who kidnapped him and put him inside the suitcase was still on the loose.

Melissa happily drove Charlie back to her residence, welcoming him on his first day. She's already enrolled him in a local middle school, and truly can't wait to start a new life.

*****************

Dinner time

Melissa cooked dinner, whereas Charlie was in his new room, possibly asleep, enjoying his new home.

15 minutes later

"Charlie..! Dinner's ready!" Melissa yelled.

"Coming..!" Charlie sounded excited as he descended the stairs on his way to the kitchen, which is located in one place as the dining table.

The two had their first dinner together.

"I love your cooking" Charlie commented as he chewed the meat, as he also attempted to chop the sausages into two parts using knives and forks.

"I'm flattered" Melissa chuckled.

After dinner

"Charlie, you'll have to wash the dishes honey" Melissa instructed as she wanted to teach Charlie responsibility.

"Okay" He simply nodded, lifted up his plate, and Melissa's, then put it on top of the sink.

Melissa exited the kitchen and went straight to the living room, watching some news on TV. Life is great so far, she's delighted to have little Charlie in the house.

3 minutes later

"I'm done" Charlie's sudden presence from behind the couch startled Melissa. She turned around to see Charlie standing up precisely behind her couch, as if he was lurking on her.

"Okay, thank you Charlie. now go to sleep honey" Melissa smiled.

"Okay" Charlie then left the living room.

The next day

Melissa woke up at 6.30; she went straight into Charlie's room to wake him up, however he wasn't there.

"Charlie? Charlie where are you?!" Melissa got worried as she tried to look for Charlie all over her house only to find him hiding under the dining table.

"What are you doing, honey?" Melissa sighed.

"I'm trying to surprise you. I already take a bath and ready for school" Charlie replied.

"You're so clever, I'm proud of you. But you're caught this time so you lose" Melissa stuck her tongue out as a form of teasing Charlie mischievously.

"Next time I won't"  Charlie chuckled.

The two had breakfast before Melissa drove Charlie to his new school, Highlake Middle School. In the car, Melissa turned on the radio to break the silence as Charlie sat in the passenger's seat.

"I love MJ.." Charlie commented.

"Oh yeah, he's the true king of pop" Melissa replied.

"Absolutely"

15 minutes later

Melissa dropped Charlie off in front of the school gates; he smiled and thanked her before he got out of the car. On his way to the school gates, he turned around and waved his hands at her before continued his way.

Melissa smiled as she waved back at him before she drove to the child welfare center where she had worked for the past few years from eight to twelve.

*****************

12 PM

Melissa finished her duty of the day, she went straight home for lunch and a quick nap before she was scheduled to pick up Charlie from school.

1.20 PM

She enjoyed her lunch; it was halibut with lemon butter sauce. Suddenly, her phone ringing, it was from Zachary. She picked up immediately and put it on the loudspeaker.

"Hey where are you?"

"Home" Melissa replied as she chewed the food.

"I need to question that boy"

"Why?"

"Nothing serious, I just need to ask him about his mother"

"Trust me he remembered very little about her. His memory faded away because of the drugs" Melissa replied.

"It'll be quick. I'll be there in 5"

"No. Come at 7" Melissa firmly replied.

"Okay" Zachary then hung up. Melissa scoffed upsetly. She really didn't want anyone to interfere with her new life with Charlie; she was scared that she might lose her custody somehow. Besides, she thought everything was over and that the police should've focused on arresting the woman who kidnapped Charlie.