•DISASTER•

Saturday, 9 AM

That beautiful sunny morning, after breakfast, Melissa drove alongside Charlie, on their way to the harbor to enjoy their weekend. Charlie leaned his back on the passenger seat chair as he seemed jolly and relaxed. He couldn't wait to catch a fish; this would be his first new adventure, away from the city's hustle and bustle. He was humming and smiling. Melissa glanced at him; the sun shone off his blond hair and struck his blue eyes, creating a beautiful spectrum; it almost looked like Charlie's eyes were crystallized.

"What do you want to catch?" Melissa started to converse with him.

"A shark"

Melissa chuckled, "You don't catch a shark.."

"The shark catches you" Charlie continued Melissa's unfinished words; the two then laughed.

25 minutes later

Melissa parked her car not far from where the harbor was located; she got out of the car followed by Charlie. The two made their way inside and approached Zachary's friend, a guy named Mark who had already rented one of his boats for Melissa and Charlie.

"Zach told me you guys were college friends. why don't you date each other?" Mark teased jokingly.

"Uh.. No, we're focusing on our career right now" Melissa replied awkwardly.

"You're lucky the weather was sunny and nice today. But it could get cloudy at any time so be careful. If you need help just whistle, that's how we communicate or shout my name, alright?"

Melissa nodded in respond. The harbor was quite desolate that morning; the trio then went straight to the dock where Mark helped Melissa and Charlie to use the boat and teach them how to fish. Right after that, both Charlie and Melissa started to sail away from the dock, still in the safe area.

Mark backed off as he was approached by several other guys who appeared to be his subordinate, and there were also a group of Asian tourists who seemed seemingly interested in renting Mark's boat.

Meanwhile, Melissa and Charlie enjoyed themselves on the boat. The sunny breeze blew their hair, making Charlie's face half-covered by his blonde hair. Melissa fixed her sleek brown hair, then she swung her fishing rod as she started to wait for the fish to catch the bait.

"Ughh.. this sea is so dead" Charlie rolled his big blue eyeballs that matched the ocean's color as he sighed exasperatedly.

"Don't worry, we'll catch something soon" Melissa tried to calm his nerves.

Another strong breeze blow the boat and it shook the boat a little. Melissa tried to hold Charlie's hand tightly as she was scared he might be blown away since he was skinny and little.

"You okay?" Charlie asked Melissa, she nodded with a smile in respond.

Not long after that the two stopped their fishing attempts and sat on the boat, enjoying the sea's calm current while listening to the waves.

Charlie yawned in boredom; to him this was no fun since there were no fish in sight; the fish didn't swim near the bait, not even the slightest bit. An idea suddenly struck his mind; he decided to open the fishing equipment box with a malicious grin plastered on his face as Melissa was unaware of it. she sat on the corner, slowly closed her eyes for a quick nap while deeply enjoying the breeze.

20 minutes later

The boat slowly sank, after Charlie had experimented with the tools and he had successfully created a small hole from below the boat that damaged one of the engines.

Water began to fill the boat. Melissa quickly opened her eyes as she got alarmed at what had occurred.

"What's going on?" Melissa asked.

"Oops" Charlie replied.

"What? What happened? Why is the boat leaking?!" Melissa asked frantically.

"I..I didn't know"

"Charlie, did you do it?"

"I guess I am" He grinned.

"What are you trying to do? You're aware that it's dangerous, aren't you?"

Charlie didn't respond; he stared at Melissa vehemently as his blue eye sharpened.

Melissa sighed in despair; she then began to shout.

"MARK! MARK! HELP US! HEELP!"

From the dock, one of Mark's subordinate pay attention to Melissa's shouting. He quickly approached Mark, who was busy talking with a seafood restaurant owner who wanted to buy fish from him.

"There's a lady, she's drowning" He reported to Mark.

"What lady?"

"I don't know, that lady with sleek brown hair"

Mark's pupil widened in shock.

"Excuse me for a minute, you can sign the deal with Juan. I'll be back in a bit"

"Ah I see there's an emergency, okay" The seafood restaurant owner nodded in agreement.

Mark rushed towards the dock and jumped onto one of his boats, with three life vests to use alongside a diving mask and snorkel. He then sailed towards the sinking boat. Melissa could barely hold herself as she held Charlie's hand tightly, trying to save him.

Charlie tried to break free from Melissa; however, she won't let go of him. She planned to give him up for adoptions after this incident, but she didn't want him to die. Charlie then pushed Melissa away as he managed to break free and drown himself.

"CHARLIE! CHARLIE! HEELP! MARK PLEASE QUICK!"

Melissa tried to jump into the water frantically, but she was worried for her own safety since she's not experienced.

Now I know he was the devil himself....

Mark managed to throw away the life vest towards Melissa; she quickly caught it and wore it.

"Where's the little boy?"

"I didn't know! He fell!" Melissa replied frantically as she cried.

"What?!" Mark's heart skipped a beat when he heard such nightmarish words.

Melissa jumped into the water as she swim towards Mark's boat. She made it there. Mark helped her to enter his boat.

The two dial 911. Melissa stated frantically to the female dispatcher about what had occurred. Mark became suspicious of Melissa, that she could do it on purpose; however he decided not to say anything since Melissa was in distress.

15 minutes later

Melissa and Mark made it to the dock as several officer and Detective Mike were waiting for them. Melissa was interviewed throroughly about the chronology as the divers and rescue team began their search for little Charlie.

Zachary was also on the scene.

"Did he do it?" He's eyeing Melissa as he raises his brows.

"It's hard for me to believe that he was capable of it but apparently he did" Melissa replied, her faces turning red from all the weeping.

"You know what, I know it was him. I'll make sure he would land in juvenile detention, that little asshole" Zachary stated.

Detective Mike then informed Charlie's biological mother about her missing son; apparently she couldn't care less. She said "okay good luck finding him"

2 hours later

Melissa and Zachary, sitting near the dock, waiting for the rescue, and divers nervously. Detective Mike interviewed Mark about the event; he also witnessed one of his subordinates who happened to witness the boat sinking.

"I really want him to change. He's just twelve.." Melissa said.

"Some people was born with evil within, their age doesn't matter. You could never do that. You have the Heart of gold, Mel" Zach replied.

Melissa sighed exasperatedly, Zach's words made a lot of sense to her.