•RED FLAGS II•

Attention: This chapter would be longer than any other chap so bear with it folks xx

3 PM

Melissa picked up Charlie from school, where he got a fresh bruise on his cheek this time.

"What happened to you?" Melissa asked in shock; she lifted up Charlie's face as she examining his bruised cheek; his sparkling blue eyes were fixated on her.

"Craig punched me"

"Tell me how did he looked like" Melissa asked.

"He looked like shit"

"No! Describe his appearance to me, now"

"Well, he was tall and fat. He called me names today so I told him to fuck off, he then punched me"

"Did you say fuck off at him?"

"Yeah"

"Wait in here" Melissa got out of her car as she made her way inside the school; many kids headed out of the hallway with their own group of friends. Melissa went straight to the teacher's room and introduced herself as Charlie's guardian; she requested to meet up with his homeroom teacher.

Ms Brown stood up as she greeted Melissa affably, the two then conversed privately in the counseling room.

"I wanted to know about what happened to my foster son today" Melissa demanded.

"He was involved in a fight. I already punish Craig, he's a troublemaker, don't worry"

"Did my foster son provoked him in any way?" Melissa raised her brows, asking for all the possibilities.

"No. Craig started first, it was during my lesson. However there is one thing I wanted to tell you"

"What is it?" Melissa pulled her right ear closer to Ms Brown's face as she was about to whisper something to her.

"He said he wanted to kill Craig"

Melissa gasped, "WHAT?"

"Yeah, I asked him if he was serious and he said if he had a hammer or gun he would finish him all at once. You should really work on that" Ms Brown stated her concern regarding one of her new students.

"Thanks a lot for your information. I tried to get him into therapy"

"It definitely will help him I'm sure. It's not too late, he's twelve afterall"

"Thank you so much" Melissa stood up as she thanked Ms Brown; she smiled back at her and nodded in respond. As the two exited the counseling room, Melissa was alarmed to find Charlie in the hallway, as if he was looking for her when she clearly had told him to wait in the car.

"Charlie!" Melissa summoned him, he smiled and jogged towards her.

"Where were you?"

"I just came to give your friend a lesson. Now let's go home" Melissa then held Charlie's hand as the two headed out of the school hallway.

********************

As soon as they made it home, Melissa let Charlie consume his second lunch first since she had prepared it for him earlier that day.

15 minutes later

She heard Charlie washing his own dishes without being asked.

"Charlie! Come here honey!" Melissa summoned him as soon as he had finished.

Charlie then approached her in the living room.

"Honey, I think we need to talk a little bit about school"