•SOMETHING IS OFF II•

2.10 AM

Melissa was asleep peacefully on her bed with all lights turned off, where, all of a sudden she heard her room door creak open. She was startled and scared that it might be a burglar; she forced her eyes to open, though it feels glued due to how sleepy she was. The door was slightly ajar, but there was nobody there. Melissa could feel her nape hair standing up and tightly. She stayed in bed, not knowing what to do. Not long after that, she saw a silhouette of a boy walking past her room whistling.

Melissa's jaw dropped; she knew for a fact that it was none other than Charlie. She turned her lights on, and made her way out of her room. She looked for Charlie all over the first floor; he wasn't there. She went upstairs to check on his room; he wasn't there either.

"Charlie?" She exited his room as she started to call out his name. She then found him staring at her as he stood up precisely outside her room.

"Charlie!" Melissa yelled as she quickly descended the stairs.

"What are you doing!" Melissa snapped in fury.

"I can't sleep" Charlie muttered.

"You really scared me, do you know that? I thought it was a burglar!"

Charlie grinned and he tried to withhold his laugh.

"What's so funny to you?" Melissa raised her brows in confusion.

"Please forgive me, I won't do that again"

"What do you want now?" Melissa asked.

"To sleep with you"

"Just for tonight, you understand me?" Melissa stated firmly, Charlie nodded in respond.

The two entered Melissa's room and began to sleep peacefully.

The following morning

After breakfast together, Melissa dropped off Charlie at school and went straight to work. She truly sensed something within Charlie was amiss as he tended to behave strangely and he would grin at the most inappropriate situations.

She decided to call Zachary...

"Zach, I think we need to talk seriously about Charlie, my foster son" Melissa said.

"I was about to tell you that, seriously" Zachary replied on the line.

"What? What did he say or do to you?" Melissa was surprised to hear Zach's reply.

"Well, honestly I decided not to tell you because I know you wouldn't believe me but apparently now we're on the same boat. If you tell me yours , I'd tell you mine"

"I'll just text you after I work, okay?" Melissa said.

"Okay" 

Melissa then hung up.

************

At 12, Melissa finished her job and drove back home. She then cooked her promised special meal for the day, which was steak alongside french fries; two sliced melted cheese, chopped carrots and veggies, and for the sauce she used barbecue and demi glace sauce.

She then texted Zach after she had her lunch...

"He was a bit off. Last night he wander around the house and he opened my door then he just.. ask to sleep with me cuz he cant sleep. Idk how to explain to you but I swear he always grinned at the most inappropriate and serious situation"

SENT.

3 PM

Melissa drove to Charlie's school, and as usual she saw him standing up in front of the school gates by himself. She opened the driver's seat window, waved at him, and pressed the horn. He noticed and immediately jogged towards the car, then hopped into the passenger's seat.

"How was school today?" Melissa asked affably.

"It was good" Charlie responded properly.

"Great. Today you'll have a steak!"

"Really you cooked me that?" His blue eyes sparkled in excitement. Melissa nodded in respond.

"Wow, thank you so so much for it" Charlie smiled immensely.

"No need to thank me, everything I do is for you" Melissa replied.

"Can I listen to Michael Jackson again?" Charlie requested.

"Sure sweetheart" Melissa smiled as she turned on the AUX; she had made a playlist specifically for Charlie during her break while she was at work earlier that day. Whenever the tunes switched, Charlie would play 'Remember The Time' over, and over again.