•REVENGE•

11 PM

Melissa brought one pillow and blanket, then she handed it to Ms Martinez; she thanked her, then Melissa turned off the light in the living room and headed inside the hallway as she made her way to her own room. She hasn't heard from Charlie, but most likely he's still mad at her, so she decided to talk to him tomorrow.

Melissa changed into her night pajamas, turned off the lights, and this time she didn't lock her door in case Ms Martinez needed her; she didn't have to look for her room keys. she jumped on her bed and began to fall asleep soundly in no time.

2.10 AM

Melissa heard footsteps in the hallway; she gently opened her eyes.

"Ms Martinez?" She asked, however there was no respond, she decided to put herself back to sleep.

2.15 AM

Melissa was awoken by the sound of her room door creaking open. She quickly opened her eyes and rubbed it. She saw a silhouette of Charlie standing in front of her room, not even moving an inch. She could feel he stared right at her. He then pulled out his pocket knife and held it in his right hand.

"Charlie?" Melissa was alarmed that he was holding a knife; she immediately got up from bed.

"Charlie.." She approached him, slowly, trying to make him give up the knife to her.

"You lied to me tonight and you thought I would accept it"

"I didn't sweetheart. She's just sleeping for one night because... did you slash her tires?"

"Why do you care about that?" Charlie replied coldly.

Melissa shook her head in disbelief since her hunch was right about him.

"Charlie, please give that knife back to me. You promised me not to threat your friends again and this is worse than that sweetheart" Melissa pleaded at him.

"Where's that fat bitch?"

"Charlie!! Watch your language!"

"I said, where is she?" Charlie's tone got higher and it sounded more threatening.

"What are you gonna do?! Stop it!" Melissa tried to approach him.

"I'm tired! I'm tired of everyone!" Charlie snapped.

"Honey, you don't have to talk to anyone! She won't question you anything honey, she would return home by tomorrow morning! Tonight she couldn't because you slashed her tyres!"

"You made me talk to that officer.. now you want me to talk to this fat bitch too.." Charlie sounded like he was already possessed.

"No! You don't have to talk to anyone, do you hear me! Get back to your room, NOW!" Melissa yelled at him. Charlie turned around to face Melissa; he then approached her with a pocket knife in his hands. Melissa's heart pounded relentlessly; she screamed as she sprinted back towards her room. She quickly locked it. Charlie banged on the door. All the commotion was heard by Ms Martinez as she started to open her eyes, though she was still sleepy.

"Open the fucking door!"

Melissa then pushed her dresser to block the door since Charlie banged on it harshly as he screamed uncontrollably in a fit of rage. Her heart beat rapidly as she began to produce a cold sweat.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" Charlie screamed as he continued to bang on it, to the point where a 'cracking' sound could be heard.

Melissa hiding under her blanket in fear, she then groped around her bed in the hope of catching her phone.

"Are you okay?" Ms Martinez's voice could be heard as she made her way to stop Charlie from banging on the door further; otherwise he would break it.

"Stay away!" Charlie screamed angrily at her.

"Drop the knife, we'll talk in peace, I promise"

"Why don't you go home!"

"I would by 5 am. I promise you I would leave"

Charlie dropped the pocket knife on the floor; he then sprinted out of the house.

"Hey! Wait!"

Melissa quickly unlocked her door and turned on the hallway light; she saw Ms Martinez limping as she made her way outside to chase after Charlie.

"Charlie!!" Melissa frantically rushed out of her residence; as she made it to the sidewalk; she saw Charlie standing up near the neighborhood street sign.

"Charlie!! Come back honey! I'm not mad at you! I love you! Please come back!"

"I think I need to leave. I'm sorry I couldn't handle him, he wanted nothing to do with me at all" Ms Martinez said.

"Please don't.."

"Hey he ran away!" Ms Martinez pointed her index finger towards Charlie as he sprinted away further in his black shorts and plain gray shirts.

"Ms Martinez, I'm so sorry for tonight!" Melissa said before she turned around and chased after Charlie on the sidewalk, watched by several pedestrians that looked perplexed with their actions.

Ms Martinez immediately headed back inside the house to get a glass of water since she was shocked by the incident, she then grabbed her purse and exited the house, and called her sister to pick her up since she was a factory worker that often returned home at midnight.

************************

Melissa lost Charlie's steps; she stopped near the electric pole, which was located miles away from her neighborhood, to catch her breath.

Where is he?

Her gaze scanned her surroundings; once she gathered all her strength back, she scoured the area, trying to find Charlie.

Not long after that she found a small alley, she headed inside just in case Charlie would hide there, or possibly inside the massive dumpster.

"Charlie?" Melissa called.

She was alarmed to hear that there was something moving from the dumpster. Melissa took several steps backwards in the precautions.

"Charlie?"

Instead of Charlie's voice, Melissa heard an adult man's voice slurred as he babbled some gibberish to her from inside the dumpster. Melissa screamed in shock; she hastened her footsteps as she exited the small alley and continued to look for Charlie to no avail.