chapter 1

Wednesday pov:

I arrived at my house after an hour long car ride. Once I got in, I was given a hug by my father and my brother.

"Off." I say with slight discomfort in my voice.

"Wednesday,how are you?" My mother asks.

"I'm not entirely sure at the moment." I replied.

She gave me a slight nod in reply.

"May I go put my things back in my room?" I ask her.

"Of course darling." Mt mother replied.

I walked up the stairs with my bags. I got into my room,tossed my bags to the side and threw myself onto my bed. Suddenly, I hear a ping from my new phone xavier gave me. I look down to see a message.

'Hey Wednesday! It's enid,xavier gave me your number. Also I know that you probably have no idea on how to use anything,so I made a video for you to watch; it's a screen recording.'

After I had read the message I saw a video pop up underneath. I clicked on the video and watched till the end. The video showed me how to use my apps, what the little icons in the corner mean and how to call people, it also showed me how to add enid to my contacts. I saved enids contact and thanked her for the video. I decided to call her,see how she's doing.

"Hey! I already miss you! We need to hangout sometime or have a sleep over!" Enid whined.

"I could ask if you can stay for the week?" I say.

"Really?! Please do,I hate my mom!" The wolf yelled.

I nodded and began to run down the stairs. I walked into the living room where I had saw my mother and father kissing.

"If you continue to do that in public areas where I can see you,I will gouge my eyes out." I say.

"May enid stay for a few days?" I continued.

"Sure, when will she be here?" My mother asks.

"An hour if I get ready now,also I need your address." Enid spoke.

"Alright."

I sent enid our address because I knew she would forget it. As I did that enid had packed her things. After a hour and seventeen minutes I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and was greeted with a hug from enid. Before my parents could say a word, I rushed enid up stairs and into my room to avoid any awkward conversations about how I sat at the door waiting for her to arrive. Once we had gotten in my room, I sat down on my bed and placed enids bags at the end of my bed.

"Your house is big,I like it." The blonde said as she sat beside me.

"I'm glad." I say as I stared into her ocean blue eyes.

She smiled slightly. Enid bent over me and grabbed one of her smaller bags than proceeded to grab her laptop out of it.

"Wanna watch a movie? I know a really good horror movie called 'The Poughkeepsie Tapes' that we can watch,its a Horror/Mockumentary." Enid said as she entered her password.

"Sure,why not?" I say.

I moved closer to enid and rested my head upon her shoulder as she put an arm around me. I flinched slightly at her touch but I slowly melted into her warm embrace. Throughout the film, enid and i had changed positions a few times. We moved into a position where my head was on her lap, a position where enid had her head upon mine by her shoulder and our final position which we are in now, is, I'm sat in between enids legs with my head resting on her chest with her arms wrapped around me and my hands holding hers. I was too interested in the movie that I didn't care about enid hugging me. It's about five minutes till the end of the movie. suddenly my parents walk through the door and a shocked expression appeared on their faces, shocked by the fact that I was allowing someone to hug me. Enid and I looked back at the screen to finish the movie.

"Wednesday? How could this be? You are letting someone touch you?" My mother says with a gasp.

"Enid saved my life,its only fair that I give her some form of gratitude, and enid often asks to hug me so this shall be my 'thank you' to her." I say.

Enid smiled and rested her head upon mine.

"Alright, well dinner is ready." My mother said.

"We shall be down soon." I replied.

As the two of them left,enid and I had finished the movie and sorted ourselves out.

We walked downstairs after a minute or two for our dinner. During dinner my parents and enid had a talk about how school was and about what happend with Tyler. Enid ended up telling ny parents about how I found out he was the hyde, I felt my stomach grow empty at the memory of that feeling of betrayal from Tyler. I tried my best to ignore it. Enid looked at me and immediately knew that I was uncomfortable with the subject and so she had decided to change it to the poe cup as she held my hand to make sure that I was okay.

I smiled slightly at her touch as my heart began to race. It felt as if my heart could pounce out of my chest, my face began to heat up as a small blush appeared across my cheeks.

After dinner, the two of us went back to my room and got ready for bed. I had asked enid where she would like to sleep, Her options were:

●in my bed with me
●on the floor next to me
●or the guest room

Enid said that she would prefer to sleep in the bed with me as she feels uncomfortable sleeping on her own in others houses. The two of us climbed into bed and began to talk about what we could do, enid wanted to pull an all nighter.

Around six, enid and I had painted each others nails and did each others hair. Then at seven we had began to play truth or dare,never have I ever and cards against humanity. At nine we had made a den in my room as she had brought a few of her blankets and pillows. We had watched films till four in the morning. Once the last movie we were watching had ended, we both had decided to listen to music and dance, so we did. By the time it was five, enid said she wanted to show me a musical. She said it was one that I would like and she was correct. Enid had put 'k-12' on, it was a musical film made by 'melanie martinez' and I really enjoyed it. The film had a lot of true elements in it about school, like how 'strawberry shortcake' is about sexist school dress codes. My favorite song was 'highschool sweethearts'.

It's now seven and the two of us are still talking about the movie and the song meanings, enid also began to play all of melanie martinez's songs.

My mother,father,pugsly and thing had walked into the room with our breakfast on trays. My mother handed enid her tray and my father handed me mine.

"Oh,thank you! You really didn't have to do this!" Enid said nervously.

"Oh don't be silly darling, you are our guest." My mother said with a smile.

"Hi!" Pugsly yelled as he walked over to enid.

"Pugsly! Leave her alone." I say.

He looked down,upset.

"No,no! It's okay,hi Pugsly, your sister actually has a friend at nevermore that reminds her of you! She missed you alot." Enid said with a smile.

I gave Enid a angry look.

"What?" Enid asks.

I rolled my eyes.

Pugsly smiled and he said that he would leave us be if that's what I want and so he left. My parents allowed us to eat in peace although thing had decided to stay with us. Enid had talked to thing as she ate whilst I just sat there and stared at her. Looking at her makes my eyes hurt,it's as if I'm looking directly at the sun. But the burn enid gives me feels....Good.