chapter 1

- MILA -

Was this good colour? I held the nail polish bottle in my hand. Today was Wednesday, so i guess this new blue colour was going to decorate my finger nails.

I had chosen one colour for each day.

I started applying the nail polish, slowly, trying not to mess it up.

After i finished with that it, i heard a knock on my door. Was lunch already done? It was only 11am.

"Mila, honey?" I heard my dads voice. He was home?

I quickly got up from my bad and ran to the door. I opened it and jumped in my dads arms. I missed him so much. With all of his work, i rarely saw him. He was mostly at his office building or traveling.

So it was weird for him to be home at the middle of the week and at this time in the morning.

"Dad i missed you so much!" I hugged him. He was the best father. Every time he was home, he would spend all day with me. We would bake, take walks by the lake, watch movies and so many other things. Even though he never said, he felt guilty that my mother left me.

When i was five years old my mom left the country. She packed her stuff and left a latter for my dad. Apparently she was not ready to have a child. That's what she wrote.

Then why didn't she choose to leave earlier?

Why didn't she choose to leave before i got any memories of her?

Why did she had to make my life harder?

Did i ruin her life that much?

Those were questions i always asked myself.

But my was here. He was with me. Every time he was here, he tried his best to make me feel like i never lacked a mother figure in my life.

I removed my hands from him and tugged him in my room.

I turned to him and my face fell. His face was pale and expressionless.

"Dad, what happened? Are you okay? You look pale." He was looking past my shoulder deep in thoughts. Was he sick? Or was he tired from work?

"It's nothing, honey. I'm just having some troubles at work, that's all." He smiled, but his smile never reached his eyes.

"I'm gonna go take a shower and we're gonna meet downstairs for lunch. I have something to talk to you. Okay?" He said and waited for my answer.

"Yes of course. Meggy made our favourite pasta today." I smiled at him.

He kissed my forehead and left the room.

What was he going to talk to me? I hope it was not about me sneaking out to take a walk by the lake. Alone.

But he can't blame me. I want to be alone sometimes and have a peaceful evening by myself. And i can't have that, if there are two bodyguards following me around.

I got downstairs and sat by the dining table. When my dad came, we ate our lunch and went into the living room. It was our tradition to eat something sweet and drink tea after our lunch and dinner.

"So what did you want to talk about, dad?" I asked him. Hoping it was not about the evening walks.

"As i said earlier, i have some troubles at work. Because of it, i won't be home as much, so i want some extra protection for you." He continued. "So i was thinking of hiring a personal bodyguard for you."

What?

"Why would i need a personal bodyguard? We already have like four bodyguard at the house." I said with a 'duh' voice. It was already suffocating with them, i didn't need another one.

"Those bodyguards are guarding the house and everyone in it. I want someone who's gonna be with you all the time. When i'm not home, i want you to have someone to protect you, honey." He explained.

So that meant i had to be with that bodyguard every day, because dad was rarely home.

"I mean... if you think that something that's need to be done, than okay." At the end of the day, dad knew what's best for me and everyone in the house.

I just hope this bodyguard was nicer than the ones who already worked for us.

And we meet our Mila. What do you think of her?