chapter 10

- AZAIL -

She was dressed in a beige summer dress, with small blue flowers all over it.

Her hair down and a picnic basket in her hands.

She looked like a dream. A dream that i never wanted to wake up from.

"I packed everything. We can go now." She pated the basket.

Today she wanted to have a picnic by the lake. Apparently she was going to show me her secret spot. I didn't care where we were, i just wanted to be next to her.

I had do to something. I couldn't go through with Dante's plan. There was no way i was going to kill Mila. Even the thought made me sick.

It was barely the sixth day but i was feeling so much for her.

I wanted to be with her every day. To see her smile. See her happy. She deserved that more than anyone in this world.

I couldn't let her pay for her father's sins. She didn't even know anything about his business or what he got himself involved in.

She also doesn't know what kind of monster you are, Azail.

Even if i was a monster, i was going to protect her. No matter what. That was my last decision.

If she hates me after she finds out about everything, let her hate me. At least she'll live.

————-

We walked about ten minutes. This place was peaceful. The path lead to a small wooden pier.

"We're here." She gestured in front of her.

With hopping steps she went to the end of the pier. She placed the basket on the ground and took out a white blanket.

There was sound of birds and bees. The sun was setting and creating beautiful palette of red, orange and yellow colors on the sky.

But the most beautiful girl was in front of me.

I went further on the pier and sat on the blanket next to her.

She started taking out the food she prepared this morning.

"I brought some fruits, vegetables, croissants, cheese, orange juice," she giggled. "And most importantly cupcakes."

There were three types of cupcakes. Blueberry, red velvet and chocolate ones.

"I made the blueberry ones, because i know you like them. And i also made some other ones."

"They look delicious." I praised her.

We started eating and Mila keep talking about her favorite book and how she learned to cook by watching Maggie.

She also told me about how one of her professors keeps bugging her for sitting outside on her video calls.

And about some fucking kid named Noah or whatever. He apparently always made jokes while they had classes.