chapter 4

- MILA -

Which one? The blue or the red one?

I asked myself while looking at the summer dresses i laid out on my bed.

It was 11:34am and i still haven't decided what to wear. I was starting to panic.

Th red one was a bit more presentable right?

I guess i'm gonna wear that one.

After i put the blue dress in the closet, i stared doing my hair. It was naturally curly, so i only tied it half up with a small red bow.

I put silver hoops on my ears and did a light makeup.

Looking at the mirror i fixed my bangs and smacked my lips.

I looked good. It was rare that we had new guests, so i wanted to look good. Ever since i was little i loved doing my makeup and hair and play dress up.

Because i was home schooled Maggie was the only person around beside my dad. We also didn't really have any neighbours. Growing up the closest people that lived here were an elderly couple. But because they lived half a mile away, i was rarely seeing them.

So the only thing i had, was my imagination. I created characters, places and worlds. That was the only thing that made me happy when dad was not around.

So to have a guest was a blessing to me. Even though it was going to be a bodyguard who was probably and elderly man who was gonna follow me everywhere, it gave me opportunity to dress up and prepare.

Maybe he'll become my first friend, who knew. I didn't mind having older people as my friends. As long as i had someone to talk to, it would be okay.

I put the dress on and looked at the clock. It was 11:56am. I hurried downstairs and searched for my dad.

He was in the living room talking on the phone. From what i could hear, he was giving directions to someone.

After he finished with the call he turned to me. "You look beautiful, honey." He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"He'll be here in 5 minutes." He informed me. So i guess he was talking to him on the phone.

"Okay." I gave him a nervous smile.

————-

The door bell ringed.

Oh my God! This was happening. I was meeting a new person after a long time. What do you say? How should i act? Do i say just hello or do i say nice to meet you? Ughh!!

My dad hurried to the door while i waited in the living room.

I should have went with dad as well. I shrugged my shoulders. I guess it's to late now.

After few seconds i hear dad welcome him. The other voice was deep and husky. Who was this? Batman? I giggled at my thoughts.

My palms were sweating while i played with the hoops on my ears.

Dad stepped into the living room and soon after that, another man who i assumed was my new bodyguard.

And OH MY GOD!!

It was the most beautiful man my eyes have laid on.

He had dark brown hair almost black, that slightly fell over his forehead. His eyes were pitch black. They were mesmerising. He had light freckles over his nose and plump pink lips.

He wore black cargo pants and navy blue t-shirt that hugged his upper body perfectly. I noticed few tattoos covering his vainly hands.

They walked towards me. The closer he got the more i could analyse his beautiful face. From this distance, i noticed the small scar that cut through his left eyebrow and the other one on his bottom lip.

I was probably starting at him like a weirdo. But he was doing the same. His black eyes were travelling all over my face and then body.

A slight blush covered my face.

It was a first time seeing a man close to my age in person. I never got to see my classmate off camera.

After what it felt like ages my dad cleared his throat.

"Mila, this is Azail. Your personal bodyguard." He gestured to Azail.

That's a very unique name. I like it.

"Azail, this is my daughter Mila." then he gestured to me.

"Hii Azail, nice to meet you." I said with a smile. My voice almost a whisper.

He just hummed.

Okaaay. I guess he doesn't talk that much. Or maybe he's just shy.

"Let's sit so we can talk and discuss what your job is gonna entail, Azail." Dad said and guided us to the sofa.

I sat opposite Azail. When i looked at him, his eyes were already on me. I'm definitely not used to people starting at me and because of that, i didn't know how to act. I just smiled at him and averted my eyes.

This is gonna be awkward.

"So, your job is to keep Mila safe all the time. You have to be with her wherever she is. If she goes out, you have to be with her. If she stays inside you have to be with her. Keep an eye on her the whole time. She's very precious to me." He placed his hand over mine.

"I'm gonna give you some time to get to know each other." He turned to me.

"Is that okay, honey?" He asked. Making sure i was comfortable.

"Yes dad. It's okay." I gave him a reassuring nod.

"Well Azail. It's a pleasure to be working with you. I'm trusting you to keep her safe." He pated his shoulder and stood up.

"I will, sir. Don't worry. She's safe with me." He finally spoke. His eyes moving to me. The way he said those words made me shiver.

"I hope you will." With that, dad left.

It was only me and him.

Should i say something? I probably should. I don't have experience with this type of stuff so i asked the first thing that came to my mind.

"Do you like cupcakes?"