chapter 3

- MILA -

"Miss Williams, next time please be somewhere inside when we have classes." My professor's voice echoed through the computer's speaker.

"Okay." I whisper.

She ends the video. What's her problem anyway? So what if i sit on the balcony. Why does it bother her that much?

She was always acting like that towards me. Since i started with her classes. But when Noah was working out during the video call, she just smiled.

She even dared to call my dad and complain.

I got up from the chair and went downstairs. I spotted Meggy in the kitchen. She was cooking dinner.

"Hey Meggy!" I greeted her and placed a kiss on her temple. She was practically my mother. She has been working for my dad even before i was born. She was a petite lady in her late sixties. She had small round glasses, that framed her heart shaped face, her grey hair was always tied in a low bun.

"Hey, sweetheart, how did your classes go?" She asked, giving me a soft smile.

"It was okay i guess. Mrs. Adams was complaining again that i was sitting outside."

One more year and it was going to be over. I was finally going to work in my dad's company. That's why i choose to study economy. I wanted to be close to my dad, even at work.

"You're dad will be here soon."

"I know, he called me earlier." I exclaimed happily.

After i ate lunch, i took a shower and did my hair in a braid. I went to my computer and started looking for movies.

I was gonna convince my dad to have a movie night with me. We haven't done those in a while.

After two hours of searching, i finally found a comedy movie. Fist fight. I guess we'll watch that one.

—————

He was home. I ran up to him and tightly hugged him. "Hey, dad!"

"How is my sweet daughter?" He tightened his hands around me.

"I'm perfect now that your here."

"Let's go eat dinner I'm hungry. I haven't eaten since morning." He patted his stomach.

After we ate we went to the garden and drank our tea.

Now we were seated in the living room watching the movie as we filled our stomachs with junk food.

Oh, how much i missed this.

"The bodyguard is arriving tomorrow." Dad broke the silence between us.

"Oh. I didn't know he was gonna be here that soon." I thought i had more time to be on my own. I frowned.

"He'll be here at 12pm."

"Okay. I don't have classes tomorrow anyway." So much of my plans to sleep late. It was weekend after all. I thought i can sleep for a bit longer as i didn't have classes.

I guess my plans failed. Ughh.