chapter 7

- AZAIL -

I was staring at her. Fucking staring at her.

What was wrong with me? It was only the second day and i was getting distracted by her.

But can you blame me? She was the first person to cook for me in ages. The only one to smile at me and put up with my shitty mood.

Accepting this job was supposed to be easy. It was supposed be simple. I get here, steal some information and kill her. The end.

But seeing her and spending time with her made that simple idea turn into something that was starting to bother me.

She was to pure.

To pure for this world. What was i doing here? Was i ready to end her life just so her father would suffer? I never liked Armand but Mila... she was just too nice for her own good.

Even after a day spent with her, it felt like life was making sense.

Ughh!! What was i doing thinking about Mila, while i was supposed start looking for something that Dante could use against Armand.

That's why he sent me here. If it was just killing her i could have done it in a day. But he gave me two weeks just so he can end Armand and put him in jail.

He knows he can't put him in jail for killing his son. Roberto was too deep in illegal stuff just as Dante is.

And killing Armand would not be any good for him as well. The idea of getting his company would be thrown into trash.

As long as i did my job, I didn't give a fuck what Dante would do to him.

My time was ticking so i had to start with finding out what happened to Mila's mom.

Maybe if i find her, she would give me something against Armand.

My thoughts were interrupted by Mila.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Concern written on her face.

Not hearing my response she put the laptop on the small table and got up from the sofa. She sat next to me and put her small, delicate hand on my bicep.

"Are you okay Azail? Are you feeling sick? You haven't said anything whole day?" She moved her hand to my forehead.

I quickly removed her palm. What is she doing? Is she trying to mess up with my emotions even more?

"I'm sorry. I should have asked before touching you." She moved from me and sat on her previous place.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking something." I didn't like people touching me, but surprisingly her touch felt somehow comforting. I quickly moved her hand because it was very sudden. I didn't really have someone care about me.

Ever since i moved from my parents house, i lived alone. For ten years it was just me. Not that i was complaining. I loved being alone. But being with Mila made me realized how much it means to have someone around.

She nodded her head and took her took laptop in her lap and stared typing again.

Apparently she has a homework for tomorrow. So that's what she's been for the past few hours.

She hasn't even eaten anything.

I got up and went to the kitchen. Maggie was cleaning the oven while humming to a song she was playing on her earphones.

I took some strawberries, bananas, kiwis and oranges. I tried my best to cut them nicely and make her a fruit salad.

I put them in heart shaped bowl.

This girl. She had everything in a heart shaped form.

Walking to the living room i noticed her carefully reading something on the screen. Her brows were furrowed together and her tongue was slightly peaking from her lips.

"Here." I placed the bowl next to her. "Dinner's gonna be ready in an hour, but you haven't eaten anything since lunch."

She averted her gaze from her laptop to me. A big smile formed on her small face.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do all of that." She took the bowl and started eating her fruit salad.

After she finished with the food, she slowly licked her fingers clean.

Fuck.

I should have brought her a fork. Her licking her fingers was not something i should have seen.

Clearing my throat i adjusted my pants and sat up straight.

Get yourself together Azail.

And stop with this bullshit.

Why was i even thinking her about her well being? Why did i care even if she starved. It was not my problem.

Don't forget why you're here. Your here to kill her.

Taking my phone from my pocked i texted Tony. He was my friend and also my left hand.

Me: Find out what you can about Armand's wife.

Tony: On it!

Me: As soon as possible. You know i don't have to much time.

Tony: Don't worry brother.

I placed my phone in my pocked again. There has to be something that her mom could tell us.

There was a guilt in me. Knowing Mila didn't know where her mom was. And here i was, planing to use her mom against her father.

—————

After showering i laid in bed. Just as was about to fall asleep, a message popped on my phone.

Tony: Can't really find anything specific.

Me: I mean there has to be some information on where she went. Apparently she left the country that's how much i find out while studying Armand file.

We had to find her.

Tony: That's the weird thing. She never left the country. It's like she vanished.

Here's the last chapter for today. I don't know if i'll post tomorrow cause i'm gonna be making baklava with my mom 🤭. But I'll definitely post when i get a chance.