chapter 13

- MILA -

I woke up in an empty bed.

Cuddled up in Azail sheets that smelled like him.

There was a small clock on the night stand. It was 8am. I guess Azail went to workout.

Getting up, i quickly went to my bathroom, took a shower and brushed my teeth.

After that i put on a cute outfit. Midi sage coloured skirt and a white body tight t-shirt with long sleeves.

I did my hair in a high messy ponytail and went downstairs.

Walking into the kitchen i saw Azail. He was making breakfast. He was dressed in black joggers and white t-shirt. His hair damp. He probably took a shower in the bathroom on the first floor, just to not wake me up.

Such a sweet boy. Well man. There was nothing boyish about him.

He was all muscles with rough beautiful looks. But his heart was made of gold.

"Good morning!" He turned around and smiled. Ughh, that smile. Did i mention he has dimples? Well he does. And it makes him even more beautiful that he is.

"Good morning! Did you sleep well? I didn't want to wake you up." He was making french toast that smelled delicious.

There was also some cut fruit and fresh squeezed orange juice.

"It was the best sleep i had in a while. Thank you." I grabbed one of the strawberries and took a bite of it.

"Also, did you made all of this?"

"Mhmm. Maggie had some other work to do and i also wanted to cook for you. So i did this." I wanted to jump and hug him. And the fact that he admitted to like me last night and the dance we shared was unbelievable!! I just can't believe this is my life and all of this is actually happening.

We ate our breakfast in a peaceful silence. Occasionally asking each other random questions. Like what's your favourite movie, song, food and so on.

After that i had two classes and tried to concentrate and do my school work. But Azail was on my mind all the time. And it didn't help that he was in the same room as me.

My eyes would travel to him every once in a while.

—————

It was 2pm when i heard the door bell ring.

Maggie went to open the door. It was dad. Happily i went to him and hugged him.

It was unusual for me to see my dad more than once in less than two weeks. The most i would see him was once a month. And that was also rare.

"Dad, i didn't knew you were coming today." We sat in the living room. Azail right after us.

"Can't i see my precious daughter?"

"Of course dad." I leaned my head on his shoulder. Maggie brought us a tea. Azail sat opposite of us. His eyes observing.

What if he misses his dad now seeing us like this? A pout formed on my face.

I didn't want him to be sad.

"Azail, can you leave me alone with Mila, please." Dad all of a sudden dismissed him.

"Yes, sir." Azail looked at me. Making sure i was okay with him leaving. I didn't, but i also wanted to spent time with dad.

I gave him a reassuring smile and he left.

"How are you, Mila? Everything all right?" Dad took a sip of his tea. His hair was growing longer on the edges. It also had more white stripes on top.

Even though he was fifty two he looked good. He was fit and always wore suits.

I don't even know that i've ever seen dad wear something casual.

"Everything's great." More than great actually, i wanted to say.

"You're not uncomfortable with Azail right? If you are, i can look for another bodyguard. I only hired him because I've heard good things about him. That he does his job perfectly and also professionally." There was a concerned look in his eyes.

"Yes, dad. Azail is a good bodyguard. I trust him. I know he'll keep me safe."

He's also an amazing person.

And really hot as well. Smirk.

But of course i was not telling my dad that.  Duh.

"Okay. I was just making sure everything going well." We finished our tea and carried on with our day.

——————

After we ate dinner, we went outside in the garden. It was a little chilly so i brought a blanket and wrapped it around my body.

Azail joined us and we ate Maggie's famous tiramisu. It was delicious, like always.

"Dad, Azail said he was gonna take me to town for my birthday. I wanna go to the cinema and maybe go eat dinner outside. Can i go?" I explained my plan. It was a detailed plan of where i would go. And exactly what places i'll visit.

"No." Was all he said with a stern voice.

My face fell.

"Why? He's gonna be there with me. Nothing's gonna happen dad." I tried to convince him. I got up from my swing chair and sat next to him on the bench.

"I said no, Mila. Are you gonna go against me now?"

Why is he doing this? It was my birthday after all. It was not just a random day.

"But dad i already made plans. Please." I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Sir, i'll be with her." Azail spoke.

"No. And that's my final decision. And you don't mess with my daughter's head about going out. She's not going anywhere." Dad almost yelled at Azail.

What was happening with him? Why is he acting like this?

Azail looked at me. He was probably thinking how pathetic i am.

How was this relationship going to work with him when i couldn't even go out.

"Okay." Was all i said. I lowered my head and my vision started to get blurry with tears.

"I'll go to bed, i'm tired. And get that stuff out of your head, Mila." Is what dad said last and left me and Azail outside.

I tightened the blanket around me. A tear fell from my eyes and i quickly wipe it with my hand.

"Heyy, don't worry. I'll take you out no matter what. Just don't cry please." Azail sat next to me and rubbed my back in a comforting way.

I buried my face in his neck and tried not to cry.

We stayed like that for another hour. Maggie already left and dad was in his room.

It was just me and Azail and the silence. Me in his strong arms.

It was the only place i wanted to be. In his hold. It's where i felt safest.

Please Azail don't leave. Please don't. Please be there for me. Because i'll be always there for you.

Poor Mila.🥺

I wrote these two chapters in the car so i don't know if they are good😕

My trip is over. I also had to share a room with my brother. I swear it's like he was on purpose coughing and closing the doors loudly while i was sleeping. 😑🔫

But yeah anyway enjoy the new chapters. 😘