Chapter 35 - All I ask of You

AN: Hey guys, while I've not been the most regular with updates I try to write new parts as often I can. 'All I ask of You' happens to be one of my favourite songs from the movie. It is simple, hopeful and perfect representation of a healthy relationship. In my mind Raoul gets 100 points for this one because he said all the right words to a very traumatised, scared and shocked Christine, making her feel loved, cherished and protected. Let me know in the comments which one is your favourite track from the Phantom of The Opera. This chapter is an Erik POV, enjoy!

Erik's POV

"The decision is yours. You can come with me through the backdoors and we can get out of here, away from everything in this place that is bothering you and find a place to talk, I want to be completely open with you, once and for all. Or you can continue with what you've planned but do not expect to see me again Erik." Her gaze was adamant yet caring, her brows slightly scrunched in nervousness. She looked at me with such conviction, like her whole being dependent on this answer.

I let myself ponder over it. I came here to kill Joseph Buquet, and send a clear message across that the Opera Ghost is not to be taken lightly. They dare go against my orders to give Christine a silent role.

Until Clarissa decided to follow me up here, being fully aware that I am here with the intention to kill. She came here, risking her own life, for what? She simply didn't want me to take a life and she truly believed I was above that, much better even. She describes me like this incredible man that I could never recognise within myself. She thinks I'm worth every chance that she is throwing my way, she thinks I'm worth trying for.

It made my heart thunder in my chest when I realised she was fighting for me. That realisation made me give up everything in this material world and follow her. She enticed me like a delicious poison, she enraptured me with her words. I wanted to see the end of this. I wanted to know if her words really matched with her true thoughts. She said she'll be open with me if I follow her and God was I ready to give up on my whole being if I could really have even a glance at her heart. Because she was the biggest mystery to me.

If I thought of Christine as an angel that could be my key to a different life, Clarissa was the unattainable Goddess I could never reach. Like a pilgrim my heart soared at her every word but the closer I get to her light, I was left with scalding burns. She burns with a fire that goes deep under my skin and course through my veins. She didn't don a pristine white of purity and angelic innocence like Christine did. She wore colours that were dark, vibrant and ever changing. The truth is Clarissa never let her mind even barely succumb to my manipulations. Anytime I got closer she left me begging and scrambling for more. Christine, that girl, I wish to own her fully, like my own nightingale. But Clarissa, I can try my whole life to even stand beside her.

Thus, yet again, she was successful in finding her way to my mind. So, I followed her. I took her hand, not knowing where she will take me. But if it provided me even a sliver of hope that I could have a look at her true feelings, knowingly I will bite the forbidden fruit.

I walked with her, hand in hand, as she took me to one of the backdoors, that leads us away from the auditorium. We were stopped in our tracks when the fool, Joseph stood in front of us.

His eyes found me, with an expression of fear, he raised a shaking finger to me. He stared at my masked face, craning his neck as I stood a foot taller.

"You- you are with this impostor, you stupid wench. Parading around with men and acting like you are better than us huh. I see you even warm beds for ghosts, of course that's the only way a woman would ever get to be my boss!" He accusingly pointed at Clarissa. I huffed in annoyance. This fool had a way to offend the only person who is the reason why he stands alive and breathing.